Question for Damon wearers!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Leslie022

Question for Damon wearers!

#1 Post by Leslie022 »

I have Damon 3's. After I brushed my teeth, the other day, I noticed that my wire had shifted to the right. The only thing keeping the wire from sliding out of the tube on my molar band was the little clip on my archwire (as pictured). My question is, are any of you able to slide your archwire around?

Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

LoobyLou

#2 Post by LoobyLou »

Hi - your wire should not be able to slide around unless your ortho specfically wants it to. I have Damons too and my ortho puts that little clip right up to a bracket on either side off it and that's how it stays put! Hope this helps!

LoobyLou x
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Leslie022

#3 Post by Leslie022 »

Thanks Loobylou!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

I have clips too. Sometimes they use a little bend in the wire as well.

adollface

#5 Post by adollface »

I had a similar problem once and when I went in to get the wire cliped the assistant said it moved because the stop (what you referred to as the clip) was not crimped onto the wire tight enough and moved. You should call your ortho and get in to get it fixed.

Amy
Damon 2's top and bottom
braced 12-16-04

amandab

#6 Post by amandab »

I can move my wire back and forth until that little metal stopper goes against the bracket. I think once your teeth are moved and the tension in the wire is gone the wire can be moved. That is why they put that metal stopper on, to prevent the wire from sliding all the way over and poking your back gums.

JoeMama

#7 Post by JoeMama »

My ortho told me the clips were to keep it from sliding too far - I assumed this meant it could move a little. The other day I broke one of my back brackets off, giving me the chance to check it out closely. It had what looked like rubber inside the "groove", where the wire went. I guess this is also supposed to help keep the wire from moving. Anyway, do what everyone else says and call your ortho. They'll know for sure.
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.