Naked teeth!!!! (and good news for ceramic removal)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

spragers

Naked teeth!!!! (and good news for ceramic removal)

#1 Post by spragers »

Well, I haven't posted much lately, but after 2 years 4.5 months in braces, I have naked teeth again :D and it's such a weird feeling lol...

I was in at 9:00 despite blizzard conditions here today. It only took a couple minutes for the assistant to pop off every bracket and band. The CRUNCH when the bands come off is heart-stopping :shock: Good news for anyone who's read stories about ceramics breaking when they try to remove them - at least in my case, there were no problems at all, they just popped loose like the metal ones. Then the assistant spent the next hour scraping all the leftover cement off my teeth, followed by sanding, polishing, and then the actual ortho coming in and doing all the spots that the assistant missed :roll: They also managed to tage a big gouge out of my gums in one spot, that will be sore for awhile :cry:

BUT

Then they handed me the mirror :D

(happy teeth pix follow - pardon my spit!)

Compare that with my teeth in October 2003!

(warning, wonky teeth pix follow)

FYI my ortho must be cheap, all I got was a "congratulations" from the staff, no gift basket :?

This was then followed by three impressions (gag, gag, and gag some more), two X-rays, a wax bite impression, and an appointment to pick up my retainers on Monday afternoon :)

All in all it's been a long strange and at times annoying trip, but when I look in the mirror now it was worth every penny and minute of discomfort.

Now if my girlfriend can wait until Sunday to see them :wink:

lesdents

#2 Post by lesdents »

WOW!

You must be REALLY stoked! They look FABULOUS!

Congratulations! Seeing your transformation really makes me happy that I'm already on my way!!

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

Congratulations!!!!! That must have been the most beautiful day ever!! Your teeth look awesome. Enjoy your beautiful smile :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Way Too Old For This

#4 Post by Way Too Old For This »

spragers, congrats, you have a gorgeous smile now ! Did the time go by fast? My 5 months has gone by faster than I thought it would.

Yeah, your ortho must have been cheap or just not very creative. I was at the ortho today and it was 'braces off day' for 11 patients. They were having a huge party. They had the counters covered with all kinds of forbidden foods like gummy bears and corn nuts. They had balloons and everyone was dressed in baseball uniforms. They sang to everyone that was getting 'naked'. Moms were there taking pictures. It was a lot of fun.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

jcdamon3

#5 Post by jcdamon3 »

Stupendous! And no cavities!!!

Kell

#6 Post by Kell »

Congratulations! Your teeth look awesome.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

dena

#7 Post by dena »

your teeth are so beautiful! congratulations!

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

privatepilot

#8 Post by privatepilot »

They look great!!! What was that thing on your lower teeth in the "before" pic?
It's all about ME!

Braces went on 8/25/05. Div II whatever that means!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/

spragers

#9 Post by spragers »

Thanks for the kind words :) My tongue doesn't know quite what to do with all the extra room, I won't have to worry about waking up with holes poked in my cheeks, and my speech has already drastically improved - even from before the braces ever went on. If anyone here is still on the fence, go for it, you'll be glad you did

No cavities yet, I think it must be genetic... except that both my folks have bad teeth LOL
What was that thing on your lower teeth in the "before" pic?
I think the ortho called it a "lingual holding wire" - basically it was to hold the molars in place with respect to each other so the arch didn't get messed up. I had a similar wire on top for about half my treatment, and I absolutely HATED it. I'd wake up every morning with a sore tongue lol

In retrospect, the time went by incredibly fast. At least I can finally tell my grandma that "yes, my braces are off now, really!"

Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell that my right canine isn't a canine? The canine on that side was so displaced that the ortho thought I'd have better retention by leaving the premolar there in its place.
8)

Leslie022

#10 Post by Leslie022 »

Your teeth look great! I hope you're excited! I hope you enjoy your new, naked smile!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Flora2006

#11 Post by Flora2006 »

spragers wrote:Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell that my right canine isn't a canine? The canine on that side was so displaced that the ortho thought I'd have better retention by leaving the premolar there in its place.
8)
I couldn't tell at first. I only noticed when I saw the open bite picture.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

nvcarissa

#12 Post by nvcarissa »

Wow!! Your teeth look great!!! :P

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

Shawnie

#13 Post by Shawnie »

Your teeth look great!!! I also couldn't tell that you were missing your canine tooth, I even had to go back up to look at your pictures to check it out, looks really good.

Thanks for sharing about the ceramic braces popping right off. I too like Karen had thought they would be more difficult to come off, since reading other peoples comments on these boards. So, that was good news since I have upper ceramic brackets.

Enjoy your new smile, and eat a huge caramel apple with chocolate and nuts for me.
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

texasangel

#14 Post by texasangel »

spragers, your teeth look great!! Congrats!! :jump: :BigGrin:

I hope I'm not far behind you.
Braced on 1/10/05 - full metal- woo hoo!!
Braces coming OFF 5/31/06 !!!

materialsgirl

#15 Post by materialsgirl »

Congratulations! Your teeth look great! :-)