Poll for all ceramic braced people!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

raleighsmile

ligs

#16 Post by raleighsmile »

I have wire ties all the way around on both top and bottom and I have clear brackets on the top.

The wire ties are barely noticeable. No worry about staining!
12/14/05: Braces on - 6 metal bands, all metal brackets on bottom, ceramic on top.

fins

#17 Post by fins »

I have white wire ties and clear powerchains. No complaints here. :D

spragers

#18 Post by spragers »

Clear, clear, and more clear for 2 and a half years :)

Natasha_26

#19 Post by Natasha_26 »

I have white wire ties on all my brackets.

Upper and Lower Ceramics

Flora2006

#20 Post by Flora2006 »

what exactly are wire ties? I've heard a lot of things mentioned about them but I don't think I've seen any...

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

dena

#21 Post by dena »

i have white ligs on the clear, and red and pink alternating on the metal (bottom)

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

bckydgardnr

#22 Post by bckydgardnr »

I stayed with clear or pearl ligs on my ceramics for a year. At my year anniversary adjustment, my ortho said to put wire ties on..I won't go back!!!! Even thought the power chain is clear, and somewhat stained, it is not nearly as noticeable as the clear, stained ligs! I really like the wire ties! :-#)

Gardnr
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05

weird_wired

#23 Post by weird_wired »

Clear ligs up top, shocking pink on the bottom.

Except for two teeth which effectively have wire ties to create hooks for elastics.

Chocoholic

#24 Post by Chocoholic »

Throughout my treatment I've had clear ligs and the occassional wire tie on the top ceramics, and smokey silver on the bottom.

As I;m nearing the end of my treatment, I now have a clear powerchain on top and a silver one on the metal bottoms.

Tara971

#25 Post by Tara971 »

I'm fortunate enough to have white wire ties on my ceramics. I have powerchains right now, but they're on my back teeth and they're silver. When they put a powerchain across my front teeth they use clear. :D

Lin

#26 Post by Lin »

Lilac!

But two brackets on the bottom have clear "bumper" ligs on them, and they turned a disgusting brown color after a couple days of eating. But when given a choice, colors all the way for me!
-- Lin | Braced on 1/31/06 | 5 extractions + Canine Exposed 4/19/06