Before and After Pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

drazda

#16 Post by drazda »

Wow, amazing... and in just 13 months!
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

Nikkiekoala

#17 Post by Nikkiekoala »

Nice, very nice! Smile away you look great!

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

bckydgardnr

#18 Post by bckydgardnr »

WOWWWWW!!!! You look amazing! What a difference.

Congratulations. :dance:

Gardnr
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05

weird_wired

#19 Post by weird_wired »

Oh they look absolutely amazing! Congratulations ;)

Kayla

#20 Post by Kayla »

As for the Upper wire, it's ok. My bottom teeth hit it somethings but because of my overjet, it's not bad. They just want to make sure they don't try to go back... and that's just fine by me

Thanks for the compliments all. I went out last night and had a few people tell me how great of a smile I had without even saying anything about the last year...that felt wonderful to say the least.

joygoss

#21 Post by joygoss »

You look absolutely fabulous! You go, girl! I'm not even braced yet (still in spacers), but after seeing that, I can't wait. I'm so happy for you!

Aurelia

#22 Post by Aurelia »

wow Kayla, I've also got to add that you teeth look fantastic, I'm so pleased for you.

Yes your permanent retainer, how do you get along with it, my friend has one she has worn now for 4 years and she says it doesnt bother her at all. I have 9 months in my top brace until then but I am going to ask my Ortho for this option, I would rather have that then having to put plastic something up into my mouth every day.

:D
All good things come to those that wait

Kayla

#23 Post by Kayla »

I guess my ortho is just extra cautious...i have a night time retainer and my top and bottom perminates. So, I 2 sets to make sure nothing moves...Fine by me
I never want to go there again

texasangel

#24 Post by texasangel »

Kayla,

Your teeth/smile looks terrific !!! :D :thumbsup: :dance:

My treatment is similar to yours because I didn't get jaw surgery either, so I will still have an overjet/overbite.
My treatment so far is a little over 13 months also, and I go to the dentist this Thursday and hopefull I can get mine off soon.

Keep up the SMILING !!! You look great !
Braced on 1/10/05 - full metal- woo hoo!!
Braces coming OFF 5/31/06 !!!

Dodger(UK)

#25 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Fantastic results, Kayla! - Congrats on your new smile.

I have lower and upper bonded retainers, and you almost forget you have them there. I also have nightime guards aswell, that I have religiously used since debonding. Like you said, you don't want to have to go through all this again.

Your before and after pics look amazing. :)

Pirate Wench

#26 Post by Pirate Wench »

:BigTeethGrin: WOW....what a beautiful smile. I would have cried like a baby to see such a huge difference.

SamanthaClavier

#27 Post by SamanthaClavier »

wow (i dont want to be rude) but my husband said those dont even look like the same person.YOUR TEETH LOOK GREAT and you look happier!

JumpTheDitch

#28 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Kayla, congratulations! :dance:

Your teeth look amazing and you have a lovely smile! You must be so pleased, looks like it was worth every second of braces, huh?

Enjoy your beautiful new smile! :thumbsup:

new boy james

#29 Post by new boy james »

WOW!! Yep, your smile is now great!! What an incredible transformation!!!

I've only just gotten braced and my crowding situation on the top is very similar to how yours was. I've gotta say that your success story inspires me. Its not been an easy decision getting braces and i've spent a lot of time worrying about whether or not my dreams are achieveable, but the way your teeth have moved so well is wonderful!!! So lovely to hear success stories.

Tell me, did you have to have any enamel reduction(stripping) to help make room??

Kayla

#30 Post by Kayla »

^^No, no stripping to make room. I had my wisedom teeth removed a few years ago and it was enough room to let them move back. The only place I was thinking of shaving was between my front teeth to get that gap to close alittle more but the dentist didn't recommend it. They want to bond it instead so I'm looking into that.