Newly Braced with Damon 3 Results after a month

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DamonDeb

Newly Braced with Damon 3 Results after a month

#1 Post by DamonDeb »

I was braced on Jan.11, 2006. All my life I have hated my teeth. I am a perfectionist. Getting braces while I was younger wasn't really an option. My dad let me be aware that they didn't have enough money to pay for them (when in reality they are affordable). Anyway, when I was at college, I always thought when I get a job I am getting braces. That way I could pay for them. Well after getting a job, I started going back to the dentist and getting the many cavities that I had filled so that I could get braces. I finally made the decision to go with Damon 3. It was a tough decision. I went to two different orthos and one didn't use Damons. The other one was actually a friend of my dad's and they were offering me half off (where were they 6 years ago is what I was wondering). But they used the conventional braces and he told me that I would have to wear braces for 3 years and the possibility of jaw surgery to fix my bite. The ortho who used the Damon system told me that I wouldn't have to get jaw surgery. In the end I paid twice as much and would only have to wear them for 2 years. I have been very pleased with the results. It has been a month and I can already see results. I have taken pictures but I cannot figure out how to put them up or else I would have. I had crowding on the top and bottom of my teeth. I also have a crossbite. I reccommend anyone to the Damon 3's. I don't know what the others are like but if the difference is 3 years vs. 2 and the possibility of jaw surgery vs. none, go for the damon 3s. Before the discount I would of paid more money using the conventional braces. I still can't bite down on my front teeth. I have been craving a hamburger so bad, but I have to cut it up and throw it in the back of my mouth. I recommend to anyone with braces to take pictures so that you can see the progress for yourself. Seeing the results has alreday encouraged me and it has helped me get over the fact that I have braces. Hope you enjoyed[/img]

mm92280

#2 Post by mm92280 »

here's a thread dealing with how to post pictures, maybe it willl be some help:

viewtopic.php?t=5137

DamonDeb

#3 Post by DamonDeb »

Thanks for posting that thread, I put the pictures up.

braceface1230

#4 Post by braceface1230 »

Also, make sure that your IMG is 'enabled' in your profile, if that is the format you'd like to use to post your pics