Stuborn Lateral Incisor....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tronnie

Stuborn Lateral Incisor....

#1 Post by tronnie »

Has anyone had a tooth not move with ortho? I asked my ortho why its not moving out with the rest of my teeth and he did not say much, thought it could be scar tissue. Any info would be helpful

Thanks Ron

Chris

#2 Post by Chris »

Yes, unfortunately, some teeth will not move..they are called ankylosed. Its rare from what I've read, but it does happen. There is always hope with a veneer for that tooth if you want a straight look. Give it time though, as I have a lower canine that still needs some nudging after 1 1/2 years in braces.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007