Latex-free elastics (UK)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

freya333

Latex-free elastics (UK)

#1 Post by freya333 »

Hi guys

I've had elastics fitted this morning and seeing as i'll be wearing them non stop, does anyone know where i could find a supplier of funky coloured ones?

Oh - only problem is, they gotta be latex free!!

Thanks, freya

Train tracks Feb 05-Dec 06

Echo

#2 Post by Echo »

Jawproducts.com offers latex free elastics. After I was given elastics at my ortho, I ordered some clear ones and some colored ones from jawproducts. I ordered the exact same ones as my ortho gave me. However, they are very different. The clear ones I ordered are almost the same as my original ones, but not quite as tight feeling. The colored ones aren't even close to being as tight as my original ones. So, be careful, you want to make sure you are getting the proper pull from your elastics. All of the elastics I have look the same size, but the colored ones are alot thinner, which doesn't give as much pull. I was very disappointed, but I will ask at my next appointment if they have some colored ones they can give me.
[/url]

jawproducts

Elastics

#3 Post by jawproducts »

Yes, that is a problem a lot of people seem to have, is that they don't know the "pull" force when they order. You probably ordered them with too light of a pull....
www.jawproducts.com
We do NOT recommend changing ties yourself -please follow the advice of your orthodontist.

Echo

#4 Post by Echo »

Actually, I ordered the same exact size and "pull" as what my ortho gave me. Of the three different types I ordered (all the same size), none felt the same as the ones I got from the ortho. They were all the same diameter, but thinner than the ones I got from the ortho.
[/url]

jawproducts

Elastics

#5 Post by jawproducts »

Wow really? that is so strange because we sell these to orthodontists and we buy from the major orthodontic supplier hmmm. Sorry you weren't happy with them..
www.jawproducts.com
We do NOT recommend changing ties yourself -please follow the advice of your orthodontist.

Echo

#6 Post by Echo »

Well, I'm sure the problem lies in the fact that the ones I bought from you are not the same brand as what my ortho gave me. I'm sure if they were, then they would be fine.
[/url]

jawproducts

Elastics

#7 Post by jawproducts »

Ok, thank you! Sorry about that, I didn't realize
www.jawproducts.com

bbsadmin

#8 Post by bbsadmin »

Jennifer,

So if a person wants to buy elastics instead of getting them from their ortho, how can they be assured that they are getting the right thing? Is there some sort of size standard to go by? Can they order a sample first? Or is it best to perhaps ask their ortho to order the elastics for them? I think this is a common concern for people who buy things like ligs or elastics -- making sure that they are getting the right thing. Are there any guidelines?

-Lynn
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Echo

#9 Post by Echo »

When I ordered, I ordered the same size as what was printed on the package of elastics I got from the ortho. But apparently, all elastics are not the same. The ones I had and the ones I got from Jaw Products were from two different companies. The ones I got from Jaw Products were the same size in diameter, but not as thick as the ones from the ortho. Therefore, they did not feel as tight when I put them on.
[/url]