Anybody else not really care about their bite?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hannah164

#16 Post by hannah164 »

If it really doesn't bother you, then don't worry about it! To most people it won't really matter. :wink: Its nice that your ortho left it up to you!

My bite is one of the many reasons I got braces and I really want to get it fixed. I have a sever overbite and a deep bite and it is really uncomfortable! :( My top teeth cover my bottom brackets fully! :shock:

Good luck!

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment was 2/1/06 where they bonded a bracket to my cuspid, which was impacted!!!! OUCH!

Alison

#17 Post by Alison »

:) Hi....

I had my brace fitted in 2004 also purely just to straighten my teeth....I must admit my bite has never been the same (it was fine before)...

Now I seem to have dificulty chewing my food up properly.......but I dont really mind I just have to chew more carefully

I only wore an upper brace so maybe it would have been different if I had, had lowers too? I dont know!

Im just happy I have straighter teeth! :wink:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BRACED - 21ST JUNE 2004
BRACE REMOVED- 11TH APRIL 2005
STARTED WEARING A RETAINER - 14TH APRIL 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

chrisd

#18 Post by chrisd »

let me just tell you this. when i got my braces off the first time my bite was still off, but i guess after 3 years the ortho figured enough was enough.

anyways because my bite was off, over the years my teeth had a tendancy to move more than they otherwise would have and it became very uncomfortable. a bad bite can also lead to abnormal wear.

now you may not be able to get a perfect bite, but i would say after spending this much time and money suck it up and spend the extra time to get that bite as good as it can be

chris
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months

drazda

#19 Post by drazda »

I want my bite and my teeth to be perfect when I take my braces off. Braces for me were very expensive, and are pain to be wearing when all my friends took them off years ago. So I want as close to perfection as I can get.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

Raspberry

#20 Post by Raspberry »

My main reason in going ahead with braces was how off my bite is.
My Overbite was causing me lots of problems: grinding & major headaches, chipped teeth, front teeth cutting up the inside of my lip...etc I just thought enough was enough, I needed to get them fixed while I still had teeth.

Not to say I won't be happy with straighter prettier teeth.. of course it was a big part of my decision too. :pinkbraces:

sugarluv

#21 Post by sugarluv »

Personally my deep overbite and overjet were always embarrassing to me. Then at 29 when I saw what it was doing to my facial features i.e.
jowl lines and a double chin, enough was enough. I am planning to have surgery to correct mine.

Destor

#22 Post by Destor »

It's not a huge concern to me, my main motivation for braces was to fix the spacing on my top arch and a little crowding on the bottom. But then again, I have a class 1 bite, with some overbite, if it were worse it'd probobly be more of an issue.
Braced November 29, 2005. Damon 3's on top and bottom

pokergirl

#23 Post by pokergirl »

My ortho suggested that I have surgery to correct my bite. He said that braces would help straighten my teeth, but if I didn't have the surgery that my mouth would actually look worse because of my overbite. I hate that my teeth don't line up and I wake up in the mornings with aching jaws, so I will definitely be having surgery in a year.

Betty Bat

#24 Post by Betty Bat »

My braces are to make room for my dental implants. The ortho said that he could improve things, but my bite would not be perfect without a lot more work and possibly surgery. I don't really care as long as those implants can go in! I figure anything beyond that will just be icing on the cake.

Flora2006

#25 Post by Flora2006 »

My bite doesn't bother me at all either. I got braces to correct a dental crossbite. My bite on one side is fine and but is a bit off on my other side...but it never caused me any pain or anything like that...

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006