When Could You First See Your Teeth Had Moved?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ssfw

#16 Post by ssfw »

I have an expander only right now to correct my crossbite. I saw minor movement after 1 week.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

drazda

#17 Post by drazda »

I saw movement within 3 weeks.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

Lucifina

#18 Post by Lucifina »

I saw movement w/in the 1st month and more in the second. I take pics every month...I need to take this months pics still but I have had even more movement! At first though I looked everyday to see and did not notice but then I did. I can totally feel it though. If you feel them moving then they are :D Also the inside of my mouth feels different, like when I feel my teeth w/my tongue. It is like they are not where they are supposed to be, it is really weird. You get used to your teeth being there for so long and the way they feel and then one day they are just not there anymore! :wink:
~Luci~ Image
It will all be worth it in the end!
UpdatedSiteImage

MadeIn1984

#19 Post by MadeIn1984 »

I started noticing significant changes at just over the one month mark. It was very exciting because I knew then that the braces were really doing their job! :D
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

weird_wired

#20 Post by weird_wired »

I remember the exact time I first noticed change. It was about three weeks in, I was in the bathroom, and my problem "snaggle tooth" - the next-to-front-right one, was back in line!

It was the reason I originally decided to get braced, because it had only moved out of line in the last couple of years, and was getting noticeably worse. So perhaps it's not suprising it moved back quickly, given it must have been quite mobile before (this worries me a bit for post-brace movement - I am going to be a retainer freak!)

The next major movement for me was after getting the lowers shaved - they moved into line in a couple of days!

Since then, things have visually been quite unnoticeable, but with the heavy elastics I can feel that my teeth are in different places nearly every day. Goodness knows what is happening to my bite, but something is certainly changing ;)

ingyandbert

#21 Post by ingyandbert »

That's the same tooth that is most out of line in my mouth, also!

DizzyKitty

#22 Post by DizzyKitty »

I had one of my fangs come down immediately...saw it moving the first day! My bottom front teeth straightened out pretty quickly too...by my first adjustment they were straight.

After my 2nd adjustment, they attached the wire to the bottom back molars and I have noticed my bite straightening a bit. Seems I have hit a stale stage waiting for springs to do their work so I can see more big changes
:lol:
- Dizzy

Aine

#23 Post by Aine »

I had 2 top teeth removed due to crowding. I noticed visible movement within 3 days because my teeth actually had somewhere to go!!

xostephie

#24 Post by xostephie »

I'm on my forth day and I've already noticerd a change! One of my top front teeth was crooked-with the edge on top of the tooth next to it!Now it's almost completely off the other tooth!

Brandyleigh35

#25 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Here is another depressing thing for us older folks, but a great thing for those of you that are young.

Today, I'm officially two weeks in braces. Teeth feel lose, and two lower teeth on the bottom have moved ever so slightly but that is it for movement. Even though I have been feeling pressure everyday, nothing has really changed for me yet.... :cry: :cry:

Now my DS is officially 1 week in braces, ( we both have the exact same brackets) and he has had a ton of movement. His canines have moved right into position and his whole upper arch has become nice and round as opposed to square like it was before they placed the brackets. Lower arch has also rounded out. All of this has happened in 7 days with virtually no pain. It is so not fair! :evil: :evil:

So I would say the younger you are, the faster your teeth may move. The older you are....the longer it may take. I'm sure this is not the case in all situations but definitely seems to be that way at our house :)

Brandy

ingyandbert

#26 Post by ingyandbert »

Yes, I've read that kids' teeth move faster than adults. I can definitely feel a lot of changes in my mouth but they're just not visible yet and that's driving me a little nuts, lol!

Brandyleigh35

#27 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

I hear you! I can feel things are getting lose and that they have to be moving, but can't see anything yet, which is really hard to handle. I'm a very visual person, I want to be able to see something! :cry:

Brandy

LizzyG

#28 Post by LizzyG »

I've had my braces since 10th Feb and I can't see any movement yet. I can feel things happening, my bite has changed everso slightly, but nothing visible so far. Last night one of my lower front teeth started to feel tender, so I hope that means it is on the move!

Damon 3's upper and lower - 10 February 2006

katmc_tx

Lots movement on top, bottom not so much

#29 Post by katmc_tx »

I've had my braces on for about a month now and I have noticed a lot of movement on my top teeth. I had crowding/overlapping on my front right tooth and the one next to it and now I can actually see two teeth!!! :dance: But not so much movement on the bottom. I have a spring that is supposed to be moving and making space for one really outta the loop tooth. But nothing seems to be happening yet!! My ortho did tell me this area would take the longest, about 3 to 4 months before I saw any major difference. So still waiting for that to happen. I also had my two top front teeth hitting my bottom brackets which just about drove me nuts. :-(* Sorry about that :oops: I was getting really bad headaches because my jaw was so tense from my mouth not being able to close all the way. Hence the great and fab headaches. But that seams to be getting a little better as my bite seems to be changing. I'm hoping in the next few weeks to be able to close my mouth all the way and I'm going to try not to take that for granted for at least a few weeks :banana:
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!