Big Day Tomorrow!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KDangel18

Big Day Tomorrow!!!

#1 Post by KDangel18 »

Hey all!!! I am a 24 (soon to be 25 yr old next mth) second degree nursing student and i'm getting my braces on tomorrow. I have been reading the message board for about a month now and I have learned sooooo much about life with braces. I started my ortho treatment last week getting my spacers put in (including 3 metal ones). OMG!!! My mouth has never hurt so much in my life. Everytime I go to eat I have to chew with my front teeth and it takes FOREVER to eat anything. Tomorrow is the start of the next 12 to 18 mths of my life (Upper Ceramic and Lower Metal) as if nursing school wasn't enough, lol. Anyways, I just wanting to introduce myself. Wish me luck...I'll post pics soon :)

WiredNana

#2 Post by WiredNana »

Good luck on tomarrow!....I got braced today and what the Experience! It went pretty much as people here have said.....I'm glad I did it, but can't wait till they are off......I'm a Med. Tech and work at a local hospital, but took today and tomarrow off (and glad I did!). Not so sure how patients and co-workers are going to react. I just hope I don't spit or drool on anyone!!!!
You will do fine....wish I could have done this at 25.

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

Hey, welcome to the board. Putting the braces on is no big deal at all. It will be a weird feeling the moment you get to close your mouth and you feel all those brackets...you will get used to it though.

The first 3 days should be the worse though it really depends...I haven't felt any pain at all...some tenderness and my front teeth were very sensitive but never any real pain...just pressure.

The only kind of pain I get is the end of the wire cutting my cheeks...but with the use of wax it's all good. ;)

Make sure to rinse with salt water, use wax when you have a bracket rubbing you...congrats on getting the braces :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

BlueeyedManda

#4 Post by BlueeyedManda »

WiredNana,
It's funny you say about being a Med Tech. I used to be a Med Tech until I took a new job in October, doing clinical trials in my hospital. Exactly a year ago today I have my upper braces put on. I just thought that was neat since we have something a bit in common.

HeadgearJoe

Re: Big Day Tomorrow!!!

#5 Post by HeadgearJoe »

KDangel18 wrote:Hey all!!! I am a 24 (soon to be 25 yr old next mth) second degree nursing student and i'm getting my braces on tomorrow. I have been reading the message board for about a month now and I have learned sooooo much about life with braces. I started my ortho treatment last week getting my spacers put in (including 3 metal ones). OMG!!! My mouth has never hurt so much in my life. Everytime I go to eat I have to chew with my front teeth and it takes FOREVER to eat anything. Tomorrow is the start of the next 12 to 18 mths of my life (Upper Ceramic and Lower Metal) as if nursing school wasn't enough, lol. Anyways, I just wanting to introduce myself. Wish me luck...I'll post pics soon :)
good morning , congrats on getting started with your ortho good luck today
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

KDangel18

#6 Post by KDangel18 »

Thanks for the encouragement...i'll def. let u know how it goes!

Upper-Ceramic
Lower-Metal
Braced 2/22/06
Removed 5/23/07