Ligs, tried clear and pearl ligs.. what next..?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Crowded Mouth

Ligs, tried clear and pearl ligs.. what next..?

#1 Post by Crowded Mouth »

Hi, I have ceramics and have had both clear and pearl ligs with awful staining.. can anyone recommend another non noticeable lig colour... that doesnt stain quite so bad.. thanks :)

IndyBraceFace

#2 Post by IndyBraceFace »

You might ask if they'll do wire ties. That's what I have on my clear ceramics and there has been no staining at all. A good thing, considering I drink way too much coffee, tea, and cola.

ssfw

#3 Post by ssfw »

Hi Crowded Mouth,

When I had braces several years ago, I had grey ligs and had no staining problems. I have also read from other posts that smoke is a good lig color to choose in addition to baby blue (I heard this color blends well with the ceramics).

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

JN_Woods

#4 Post by JN_Woods »

I have silver on my ceramics right now and they aren't very noticeable at all, plus they don't get yellowish like the clear ligs do. I have taken pics but haven't posted them yet.

Upper Braces & Both Expanders 9/14/05
Lower Braces 1/5/06
Estimated Treatment Time: 24-27 months

dena

#5 Post by dena »

i think mine are white

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

JN_Woods

Silver/teal ligs

#6 Post by JN_Woods »

Here's a pic of my silver and teal ligs. You can check out my other pics if you want to compare them to clear and pearl ligs.

Upper Braces & Both Expanders 9/14/05
Lower Braces 1/5/06
Estimated Treatment Time: 24-27 months

samantha_lou

#7 Post by samantha_lou »

I had a patient last week that has ceramics, and she had chosen some pink ligs and powerchains to go on her braces, and it really looked sooooooo cute! We're getting a lot of reds/pinks requested at the moment due to Valentines coming up.

Shawnie

#8 Post by Shawnie »

Hi Crowded Mouth

I don't know what type of Ceramic braces you have, but I have GAC Mystique, and use Neoclips. They do not stain at all and are white. They don't go around the bracket as regular ligs do, but instead look like a plus sign on the face of the brackets. Since they do not go around the outside of the bracket they seem to give the bracket a smaller appearance. I've had them on for about three weeks now and no staining at all.

I had the clear/pearl ligs at first, but when I went in for my adjustment last time they said they had something new so I tried it. I think I will always use the Neoclips unless I decide to try colors sometime down the line.
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

Flora2006

#9 Post by Flora2006 »

I have had clear ones that stained after 2 weeks. They weren't too bad. Last monday at my first adjustment I asked to get silver ligs and I must say, I am really happy about them. They look almost clear/white and they haven't stained at all.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Kittysopretty

#10 Post by Kittysopretty »

I hated staining so much that I switched to wire ties.

KDangel18

#11 Post by KDangel18 »

Do all ortho's have the wire ties? I asked the assistant today and she said they only put ligs on brackets...just curious.

Also, how in the world can you bite down to even close your mouth let along eventually eat real food when your top teeth cant go all the way down because of the bottom brackets....will this problem resolve?!?!?!

Upper-Ceramic
Lower-Metal
Braced 2/22/06
Removed 5/23/07

Kell

#12 Post by Kell »

KDangel18 wrote:Do all ortho's have the wire ties? I asked the assistant today and she said they only put ligs on brackets...just curious.

Also, how in the world can you bite down to even close your mouth let along eventually eat real food when your top teeth cant go all the way down because of the bottom brackets....will this problem resolve?!?!?!
Before I got my braces on the assistant told me that if I had a problem with staining that I could get wire ties. I don't know if they would really put the wire ties on or not. I'm not having a problem with the clear ligs so I think I'm going to keep them at my 1st adjustment.

As for biting down, I had the same problem with the top teeth hitting the bottom brackets. It did get better or maybe I just got used to it. Either way it's not as big of an issue now. I've had my braces on for 5 weeks today.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

IndyBraceFace

#13 Post by IndyBraceFace »

I couldn't bite down at all when I first got my braces on and now I'm completely back to normal. In fact, it felt really weird when my back molars started touching again for the first time!

chrisd

#14 Post by chrisd »

can someone post some bigger pics of smoke or grey ligs on ceramic brackets.
thanks in advance chris
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months