Anyone have to wear a Distal Jet?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

joygoss

Anyone have to wear a Distal Jet?

#1 Post by joygoss »

Have any of you had to wear a distal jet? Is there anything you can tell me?

joygoss

#2 Post by joygoss »

I'm guessing I'm alone with the distal jet, then. Lucky me!

fins

#3 Post by fins »

Are you correcting a deep bite?
fins

joygoss

#4 Post by joygoss »

No, I have a very small mouth, so this was my only other option besides getting 4 teeth pulled, or getting my palate expanded through surgery (no thanks!) The distal jet is supposed to move the back molars back quite a ways to create more room. I don't know if it's a new appliance or what, because no one seems to know much about them.

fins

#5 Post by fins »

Have you tried a google search on it? I don't believe it is a new appliance, I think it's been around for a while. There are a lot of different appliances used to do the same thing. I used the pendulum.
fins

joygoss

#6 Post by joygoss »

I did search it, but didn't get too much info on it. Just research that explains the pros/cons of the distal jet vs. headgear, etc. Seems to work pretty well, but I still didn't learn much about pain, how long you have to wear it, etc.

Thanks so much for your responses! I'm actually getting it put on today, so I'll just bombarde them with questions.

joygoss

#7 Post by joygoss »

I had it put on yesterday. Not too bad, actually. I'll take it over spacers anyday, but I can't talk plain. Yippee, and I'm on the phone all day! I get the full set of ceramics in two weeks. Yay! Thanks for your response!