Loose Teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

missing_tooth

Loose Teeth

#1 Post by missing_tooth »

Ok, so my teeth feel loose. Yes, I know it's normal. What I'm wondering is shouldn't they be looser shortly after an adjustment? I've had my braces just over a month and the teeth are feeling looser than ever. Especially when I wake up in the morning. Perhaps I'm grinding my teeth at night?

All I can say is that it's really odd to push your tounge against your teeth and feel the presure on the other side. Or close your mouth and move your jaw from side to side and feel all your up teeth sway back and forth.

Should I be feeling this, just two weeks from my first adjustment?

Thanks

- Missing Tooth -

eoberhauser

#2 Post by eoberhauser »

Funny you should mention that. My teeth always feel the loosest in the morning after I wake up. I think that during the day, you have so much stuff going on that you don't notice it as much. Also, mine feel loose weeks after an adjustment. I'm quite sure it's fine.

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

Okay when ya'll say "loosening"...can you actually see the tooth moving if you touch it or is it just a feeling?

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

~CanadianChick~

#4 Post by ~CanadianChick~ »

Yeah mine are doing that now and I've had them a little over a week. Mainly on the left side my upper back teeth. It's sometimes irritating because I always want to clamp down and feel that pressure snap (like when you were a kid and used to wiggle your teeth..) I keep telling myself to stop thrusting my tongue on it but its such an odd/cool feeling. ..

My First adjustment is in 9 weeks..I hope they dont get any looser :shock:
~Braces Added Valentines Day 2006~