picking through waterpik threads

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dena

picking through waterpik threads

#1 Post by dena »

can someone help me? there are so many waterpik postings that i'm not finding the one i want. someone posted a few weeks back about having a great waterpik they bought online for some fantastic low price, like less than $10. anyone remember that? and if you are that fantastic consumer, please clue me in again--I want to get one!

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

oklanole

#2 Post by oklanole »

Harpua

waterpiks

#3 Post by Harpua »

I just ordered a SPAMTRONIC SPAMSONIC SPAMONAIDE SPAMSTER SPAM SPAMINATOR oral irrigator from target - $47 (had a gift card leftover from Christmas) - I think it is pretty similar to the portable waterpik, but it takes regular batteries and is supposed to be a bit more powerful. We'll see...

ebjones1

#4 Post by ebjones1 »

You may be thinking of the WaterPik Power Flosser - It's about 7.00 USD. I love it, by the way.. It works great and is so much easier, not to mention faster, than traditional flossing.. I can actually go between molar bands now!

Hope this helped.. :D

Cissa

#5 Post by Cissa »

ebjones1 wrote:You may be thinking of the WaterPik Power Flosser - It's about 7.00 USD. I love it, by the way.. It works great and is so much easier, not to mention faster, than traditional flossing.. I can actually go between molar bands now!

Hope this helped.. :D
That's the one I got. It's fantastic!

dena

#6 Post by dena »

eb and cissa:

did you order your's online through waterpik?

thanks for all of the great input! there are so many products it's really hard to pick!

ebjones1

#7 Post by ebjones1 »

No, I bought mine at Walgreens.. But I think you can get it at drugstore.com as well.

oklanole

#8 Post by oklanole »

Okay, I got a Waterpik Cordless Dental Water Jet - Model No: WP-360E yesterday. I used it this morning and that thing is messy. It got water all over my bath mirror and me. Am I using it wrong or is that the nature? I tried using it like the instructions say but it seemed impossible to see what you are doing for all the water. It is not leaking or anything else. I hope that Walgreens will allow me to return it, because right now I am not very happy with the mess this thing causes.

Marzipan

#9 Post by Marzipan »

I bought a cordless Waterpik a few weeks back. It is messy at first, but you will get used to using it and not getting water all over the bathroom! Also be sure to use WARM water in it, unless your teeth don't mind cold water.

It does a very good job of making my mouth feel really clean all over. I am definitely in favor of the thing. It does not replace flossing, in my opinion. I also floss and brush very thoroughly.

One of my favorite "tools" is a toothbrush for 2-4-year-olds, believe it or not. The tech gave it to me and said it's great for getting in small spaces. The bristles are soft and it is easy to rock the toothbrush up and down along the archwire in order to get food out of there. It works great! I recommend it highly. I also use a regular toothbrush, but the baby toothbrush just helps the little extra bit. Here is the baby brush I use: http://www.oralb.com/products/product.a ... id=24years

adollface

#10 Post by adollface »

I just got the cordless Waterpik at Target and it was $29.99. I haven't used it yet (it's charging) but I can't wait. Used to use a waterpik when I was a kid and loved it. They are so good at getting the junk out. Can't believe I waited until almost the end of my treatment to get one but I will continue to use it even after the braces are off.

Amy
Damon 2's top and bottom
braced 12-16-04

dena

#11 Post by dena »

I just bought the waterpik flosser at target...it's pretty cool. though I may still invest in the dental jet. I'm going to hold off until I see my dentist for a cleaning to see what he recommends.

Everyon'e tips were great though! Thanks! adollface--let us know how the target product works...I looked at that one but didn't get it because there was only one and the box looked a bit damaged.

NotBob1

#12 Post by NotBob1 »

I vote for the Oral-Breeze. Like the one being discussed on Dental do-dads. It's simple & inexpensive!

Hi Meryaten. Long time no see! :)
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

adollface

#13 Post by adollface »

Okay, used the cordless Waterpik this morning (since I couldn't use it last night) for the first time. Used the advice of keeping you lips closed and it was great. I used the "gentle jet tip" but it was still pretty strong. Teeth felt pretty good after I was done. My husband (who is not braced) can't wait to use it tonight! Not so sure if I'm willing to share!!! I would totally recommend it. It's just amazing what can get stuck in these braces!

Amy
Damon 2's top and bottom
braced 12-16-04