Just braced

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hzrizen

Just braced

#1 Post by hzrizen »

Hello to all.....I am 36 and was just braced full metal tops and bottoms on tuesday am. The pain is horrible will i ever be ok again?
I got red ligatures on my breaces for heart month since i am a cardiac nurse.I love those.. :D
God does great and wonderful things.

OneTime

#2 Post by OneTime »

The pain can be worst, but it will go away. Give it some time. Start enjoying soft food for now.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

Kell

#3 Post by Kell »

Congratulations! The pain will definitely get better. It's different for everyone but for me the first day was just strange, the second day was the worst, after that every day was a little better than the last. It was less than a week and I was saying that they weren't that bad.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

snowbunny

#4 Post by snowbunny »

Yes, it will get better. When my brace was first put on, one of my teeth was really sensitive for days, I think it was being pulled back a lot cos it has moved back and it's stopped hurting now. Just think of it as 'positive pain'. No pain - no gain!
Good luck!
Upper metals on 10th Feb 2006
Estimated treatment time 9-12 months

hzrizen

thanks.

#5 Post by hzrizen »

today is not as bad as before hopefully it stays that way....... :lol:

I want to put one of those ticklers up but i dont really get how to do it. Pleas help... I need ticklers for dummies :lol
God does great and wonderful things.

Lexy

#6 Post by Lexy »

Congrats on your new shiny smile!

Your teeth will stop hurting very soon. Usually, the pain only lasts 2-5 days. Have you gotten used to how you look now? I was pretty shocked by my appearance on the first day. :lol:
Braced: June 2005
Treatment Time: 30 months
Metal on Top and Bottom

Flora2006

#7 Post by Flora2006 »

Congratulations on getting your braces. The pain will definitely get better. :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006