The wonders of elastics / What a great day!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

freya333

The wonders of elastics / What a great day!

#1 Post by freya333 »

hi guys

Just a word of encouragement to those who have to wear these fiddly little bands - i only got mine on Monday and already the change has been immense - when i close my mouth my top teeth used to almost cover my bottom braces - And now in 5 days, they are above my braces and have moved back too - I can really see it coming all together so i am so pleased

And to make things even better I am off to prague tomorrow with the girls for a few days, and have just had a massive project signed off at work, and it's snowing - life is good!! So remember no matter how far along the braces road you are, you have made the first step so well done and good luck xxx :D

Train tracks Feb 05-Dec 06

strugglebuggy

#2 Post by strugglebuggy »

I actually love my elastics because everytime they change, I see dramatic results.... before my last appointment, i still couldn't see the tops of my bottom brackets when I bit down.... my molars touched. Now I have new heavy elastics, and already my bite has changed... i can't touch my molars yet, but when I bite down on my block, I am biting in a different place and I can see the tops of my brackets. Change is always a good thing. :)