Which Lig Colors resist stains the most (for ceramic braces)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Stacey_Braces

Which Lig Colors resist stains the most (for ceramic braces)

#1 Post by Stacey_Braces »

I'm looking for the best color that resists stains on ceramic braces.

Either a clear, or white, transparent (nothing like blue...)

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks so much,
Stacey
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ceramic Uppers put on : Dec 20th 2005
Impacted Canine Exposure / Baby teeth extraction / Extraction of 3 wisdom teeth Surgery: Feb 10 2006

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

Clear will stain for sure. If you want something that isn't too noticeable I suggest silver.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

MATEO'S

#3 Post by MATEO'S »

I JUST GOT BRACES ON TUESDAY. SO I ASK THE TECH SHE SAID SMOKE, SO GOT VERY PLEASE THERE ALITTLE LIGHTER THAN SILVER..AND THEY DON'T STAIN..HOPE THIS HELPS..MATEO.

KittyW

#4 Post by KittyW »

I've been having great luck with silver powerchains (similar to the ligs). I drink coffee every day (with a straw) and iced tea ocassionally with only faint staining. By the time it gets "darker", it's time to be removed by the ortho anyway. :)
Damon 3 - Dec. 7th, 2004
17.5 month duration
Debanded, gorgeous smile on May 16, 2006

ssfw

#5 Post by ssfw »

Hi Stacey,

I had grey ligs with my clear braces and never had any staining. I have also ready from the posts on this site that smoke does not stain and blends well with clear ligs.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

Traffic

#6 Post by Traffic »

How about yellow. At worst it just gets more yellow.