How many of your Orthos are using Neoclips now?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Crowded Mouth

How many of your Orthos are using Neoclips now?

#1 Post by Crowded Mouth »

I heard via this site about Neoclips.. I am seeing my Ortho on Weds for an adjustment, I am wondering whether to mention them to him or not. I dont want to appear like a know it all but I dont think that he is aware that they exist yet...

I like the sound of them, no staining, they make the bracket look smaller.. sounds good to me, but another question is will they slow down progress...

Banana1214

#2 Post by Banana1214 »

I just had braces put on this week and had ceramic in front. My ortho was really talking up neoclips during our consultations and that's what I was supposed to get. But when he started putting them on, they kept breaking and he only managed to get one on and the rest he used wire ties. So now I have one neoclip and five wire ties. In my opinion, I prefer the wire ties because they're practically invisible. The neoclip, on the other hand, is very very white and it's like a big white splotch on my less white bracket and tooth. I don't really like it at all. The wire ties were faster to put on and all I can see on my teeth is the bracket and the arch wire; the wire ties just disappear into the background.

But if you get the neoclips, I'm very interested to know how easily they go on and what you think of them. I may try to do it again at my first adjustment, just to see if having all of them on makes a difference.

Chypre

#3 Post by Chypre »

I have Neoclips on my upper six ceramic and was told that in some cases they don't like to stay on if there's a lot of uneveness in your archwire. The assistant was able to make them work for me and I like them. I had my upper brackets applied about 2 weeks before getting my wire and they felt substantially smoother once the clips were in place. I've had no irritation from them whatsoever. Now I'm a little curious about the wire ties...

Shawnie

#4 Post by Shawnie »

I have Neo clips on my upper ceramic braces. I like them alot as they have not stained and it's been five weeks with them on now. They cover the wire that runs through the bracket, so therefore less metal showing. They are white though, so they are whiter than the bracket, but I think it makes my overall teeth seem whiter, because with the pear colored ligs when they yellowed, even just a little, it seemed to make my whole tooth have a yellow cast. Also, to me, because there is nothing going around the bracket it makes the bracket look smaller. My daughter also thought my brackets looked smaller. You know sometimes you just need another opinion.

Anyway, you can always try them, and if you don't like them change them at your next adjustment. The only down side I noticed is that they don't feel as smooth because they stick out from the bracket, but you get used to it.

I also think they are made to fit the GAC Mystique brackets only. What type of bracket do you have?

I go in for my third adjustment on Tuesday, and I'm going to get the Neo clips again. Good luck and let us know what you think if you get them.
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06