really sad... 2 month wait

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Joanna20

really sad... 2 month wait

#1 Post by Joanna20 »

... :roll: I have to wait two months untill I get braces.... that is if they don't lose my things (they lost my friend's x-rays)... I'm so sad... I thought I was getting braces in two weeks... I am so losing my motivation with everything...

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

Leslie022

#2 Post by Leslie022 »

I know it's no fun to have to wait. I think I had to wait a little over a month after my records appointment to have everything start. It's the worst part of the whole process!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

ingyandbert

#3 Post by ingyandbert »

I had to wait 3-4 months until the first of the year so my husband's insurance plan would pay toward the cost. Relax, the time will go by fast.

jaswi

#4 Post by jaswi »

my first consult is march 30th, but I'm hoping to be braced as soon as possible. Actually I just want SOMETHING done as soon as possible, before I lose my nerve.

Attagirl2

#5 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi, I know it is tough to wait. I had my original appointment in September of 03, but had to have periodontal work done and it ended up being 14 months until I could get my braces. The time will go fast, but not as fast as you want, unfortunately....

Hang in there, you can do it!
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

hollywood_smile

#6 Post by hollywood_smile »

C'mon 2 months isnt too much, you already waited years so how much is two months?!
I am so losing my motivation with everything...
dont!! use this 2 months to think on wich ligs you are going to pick :lol: ...and.....all that you know?! lol!!
I sooo Want a hollywood smilee....!!!!
http://hollywoodsmile.blogspot.com/

Anticipator

#7 Post by Anticipator »

ingyandbert wrote:I had to wait 3-4 months until the first of the year so my husband's insurance plan would pay toward the cost. Relax, the time will go by fast.
Same here. I had my first consultation in October I believe, but didn't get braces on until January in order to get the most coverage.
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months

Joanna20

Thanks

#8 Post by Joanna20 »

You guys are amaysing!!! I've been feeling a bit better today and less depressed... I tend to be extremely negative and just think that my case is impossible blah blah... The thing is I just got an operation to my arm last week and they might have to repeat it and plus I've over cut my hair at home and it looks awful, I have to wear it up all the time now until new hair grows.... and plus I'm concerned with the whole treatment (which is normal I suppose). There's just been a lot of mixed feelings lately :( but thanks to you guys I'll be fine and I'm sure that in a couple of months I'll be laughing at this!

KK - I liked my ortho. when I met her. They lost my friends x-rays, yes, but I'm assuming that does not happen very often. I have to go with them because they're social security, so it's almost free and that's all I can afford right now :(. Anyway, they told me that it takes 3 weeks for the lab. to deliver the "models" to them, and that after that, it just depends on the doctor’s time. I am going there in about a month if they haven't called. I'm not going to call; I'm really going there to make sure everything is fine and safe!

Thanks everybody for the support! You rule!
Joe
[/quote]

ssfw

#9 Post by ssfw »

Hi Joe,

With all that you have gone through and maybe with a possibility of having another surgery on your arm, it's probably best that your ortho's office would not be able to place your braces for a couple months. In my opinion, I think sometimes when a person has too much going on, something may need to be placed on hold for awhile. Since you had surgery on your arm, give it time to heal. By that time you should have your braces and be able to take care of them with both hands/arms - it is much easier for maintenance of braces if both hands/arms are feeling okay.

I'm not sure what you did to your hair but I know sometimes something done a bit differently can be scary - but others probably don't see anything different or think it looks fine. Maybe while you are recuperating from surgery to your arm, treat yourself and have somebody cut your hair.

I delayed my orthodontic treatment for about 3 months and began in January 2006 because of the same reason as Anticipator, I wanted to get the most coverage out of my Health Care Reimbursement plan. It was nice to have the 3 months to get ready for the 20 months of orthodontic treatment and a good way to begin the new year.

Good Luck.

ssfw
Joanna20 wrote:You guys are amaysing!!! I've been feeling a bit better today and less depressed... I tend to be extremely negative and just think that my case is impossible blah blah... The thing is I just got an operation to my arm last week and they might have to repeat it and plus I've over cut my hair at home and it looks awful, I have to wear it up all the time now until new hair grows.... and plus I'm concerned with the whole treatment (which is normal I suppose). There's just been a lot of mixed feelings lately :( but thanks to you guys I'll be fine and I'm sure that in a couple of months I'll be laughing at this!

KK - I liked my ortho. when I met her. They lost my friends x-rays, yes, but I'm assuming that does not happen very often. I have to go with them because they're social security, so it's almost free and that's all I can afford right now :(. Anyway, they told me that it takes 3 weeks for the lab. to deliver the "models" to them, and that after that, it just depends on the doctor’s time. I am going there in about a month if they haven't called. I'm not going to call; I'm really going there to make sure everything is fine and safe!

Thanks everybody for the support! You rule!
Joe
[/quote]
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

ingyandbert

#10 Post by ingyandbert »

Actually, the delay sounds like a good thing. You don't want to be newly braced AND face surgery on your arm at the same time. Trust me on that!

bajanrose

#11 Post by bajanrose »

Well I'm still waiting, all I have is a TPA keeping me company.
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!

Joanna20

#12 Post by Joanna20 »

I just had the surgery in my arm done last week and I've been getting better. I can move it enough to type, eat, and brush my teeth. But I may have to get another one soon, a very small one.... There's other reasons why I'm feeling down but I'm making a post on the off topic part of the boards.
Thank you so much for ur answer and support. U guys rule!
Joe

TuZZi

#13 Post by TuZZi »

Two months is nothing..... honestly. The time will just fly by.

From the time I called my ortho to get an appointment, to my actual first appointment date, was 6 months! Then from there it took another 11 months to get a treatment plan worked out, X-rays, pictures, and records done! 15 months after the process started, I was finally going in for spacers, had them in for 3 days, then was fitted for molar bands, more pictures taken, then a month after that I was actually banded.

16 months to get braces for me. But I had already waited 16 years from the time I first needed them.... so what's a lil more time :D
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

akabraces

i understand!

#14 Post by akabraces »

I totally empathsize!

I had to wait two months too because I had to go to the Middle East and now I'm off to Colombia...BUT I know that time does go faster than we give it credit for, and I keep asking for the support of my friends in getting braces so that I don't flee and not get them--you'll be okay--take advantage of the time--I'm trying to eat as much popcorn as possible!

Good luck!

*aka