Braced Today!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

materialsgirl

Braced Today!!!

#1 Post by materialsgirl »

Well, I did it! What do you think?

The procedure was not anywhere near as bad as I expected. The worst part was having cold air and water squirted on my teeth, as they're a bit sensitive to cold. Otherwise, it was pretty easy. My big problem is that I can't bite down all the way now, so it's hard to chew things. I'll be eating a lot of soup and mashed potatoes, I guess.

My teeth don't reall hurt that much yet. But I can tell it's going to get worse - I definitely feel the pressure on my teeth! It's so weird having all this stuff in my mouth. And I have to do a double-take every time I walk by a mirror. :)

I got green ligs on the bottom (alternatine light and dark) since St. Patty's Day is coming up. I have white tie wires on top.

ssfw

#2 Post by ssfw »

Hi materialsgirl,

Your braces look great! The clear ones look nice as well as your alternating light/dark green ligs (I like to see people that choose lig colors depending on the upcoming holiday - makes it more fun). I'm glad the process of placing the braces was fairly easy. Your teeth don't look like they need much correction. How long do you have to wear braces?

Good luck and keep us posted.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

materialsgirl

#3 Post by materialsgirl »

ssfw wrote: How long do you have to wear braces?
ssfw... I'll be in braces for 21 months. At least, that was the estimate at my initial consultation. :)

ScottR

#4 Post by ScottR »

Your braces look really good. Your teeth look very good too. How long do you expect to be in braces?

ScottR

#5 Post by ScottR »

Your braces really do look good. Your teeth look very good too. How long do you expect to be in braces?

Evelyn

#6 Post by Evelyn »

Congrats! Your teeth look really nice to begin with it shouldn't take much to perfect them!

Love the lig colors as well, I think I'll try that one next time!
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

bajanrose

#7 Post by bajanrose »

Congrats!!! Love the colors!!!
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!

Kell

#8 Post by Kell »

Congratulations! That is the best picture of ceramics with wire ties I've seen. I was going to stay with clear ligs at my adjustment today but after seeing your picture I may change my mind and get the wire ties. They look great.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

materialsgirl

#9 Post by materialsgirl »

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. :-) My teeth are more crooked than they appear - it's like an optical illusion. It's more obvious in my arch pictures. So I get a lot of "Why did you get braces? You don't need them!" But they're really quite crowded (esp. on the bottom), and they all seem to be moving forward in my mouth as I age. It's extremely difficult to floss, even with Glide floss. So I figured it would be easier to take care of the problem now, while I'm still relatively young. :)

Leslie022

#10 Post by Leslie022 »

It looks good! I love the green ligs!!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Flora2006

#11 Post by Flora2006 »

Your teeth are already looking great. I agree, the ligs look awesome!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006