Another spring in my mouth!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kell

Another spring in my mouth!

#1 Post by Kell »

I had my first adjustment today and I have yet another spring in my mouth. That makes 4 in total. This new one is on the upper teeth and just makes it look like there is something stuck in my teeth. :shock: It's really not a big deal but I wasn't expecting it. So far the spring itself isn't bothering me. I also got all wire ties on the ceramics on top. They were going to put a wire tie on one so it didn't make sense to put clear ligs on the rest of the teeth. I really like the look of the wire ties (not the spring) and now I don't have to worry at all about staining :jump: My clear ligs did not stain bad at all but I worried about it constantly.

Here are some pictures taken today (click on the picture to see a larger version). There are comparison pictures on my WWW (link below)

Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

Great pictures. My lower teeth are very similar to yours :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

I forgot, what are the springs for?

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Kell

#4 Post by Kell »

Flora2006 wrote:I forgot, what are the springs for?
You can't really see in the picture I posted but the front tooth that the spring is on is stuck behind the tooth next to it. The spring is supposed to push those teeth apart so that the front tooth can straighten out.

I guess it's the same concept on the lower teeth but I don't really see how there is enough room on the lower arch to move them enough to turn the rotated teeth. We'll see. He doesn't want to extract any teeth and I don't want any extracted so I'm willing to let him do what he thinks will work.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Kell

#5 Post by Kell »

KK wrote:Kell the wire ties look really good! :thumbsup:
I like them a lot too. You can barely see them. Too bad he had to put that spring on and ruin the look, lol.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Kell

#6 Post by Kell »

Lucyloop wrote:Your teeth are looking great Kell! :D They are very white!!
Thanks Lucy. I am lucky that the front teeth are all pretty white for the most part other than the canines. Whitening is part of the price I paid for braces and I can't wait to get the braces off and then have them whitened and straight.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.