Hygienist Appointment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wearetheborg

#1 Post by wearetheborg »

Kudos Kiwi, u give hope to the rest of us who struggle with dental hygene :-} :GapToothed:

Kell

#2 Post by Kell »

Woohoo, that is excellent!
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

candygrrrl

#3 Post by candygrrrl »

That's great, Kiwi! Congrats!

materialsgirl

#4 Post by materialsgirl »

Yay karen! That's awesome! Isn't it the best feeling when you go for a cleaning and the hygenist tells you you're doing everything right? :)

Leslie022

#5 Post by Leslie022 »

Goodness, with all that swelling, your head must be HUGH by now! :wink:

You also might want to think about a flouride rinse. I use <b>Colgate Phos-Flur</b> rinse every night after brushing. It's also supposed to help prevent white spots from developing on your teeth with braces.

Congrats on the good remarks from your hygienist!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

Flora2006

#6 Post by Flora2006 »

That is GREAT news KK. I'm having my check-up and cleaning in a month and I hope to hear news like that too. My head will swell up as well for sure!!

Good job :D:D

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

KJM

#7 Post by KJM »

WooHoo KK! Great job! What a great thing to brighten your day!! :banana:
Thanks for sharing the info on the toothpaste- good to have another opinion. :)
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

Cookeez

#8 Post by Cookeez »

I've only had my braces (bottoms) on for a week. I'm due for a cleaning in April, and I was wondering..is it necessary to have the wires removed prior to the cleaning? This might save a call to my ortho if you can help. Thanks.

Way Too Old For This

#9 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Fabulous news Karen! Nice reward for all your hard work. Only thing that would have made it better would be if the flouride treatment was purple !

I have my first (since braces) cleaning appointment at the end of this month. Its going to take all day by the time I go in to have my wires removed, drive 20 miles to the dentist, then back to the orthodontist to have wires put back on.

All the girls at the dentist office just can't wait to see my braces. And my newborn not fully exposed canine. There just aren't that many people that get excited about this stuff.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

KJM

#10 Post by KJM »

Cookeez wrote:I've only had my braces (bottoms) on for a week. I'm due for a cleaning in April, and I was wondering..is it necessary to have the wires removed prior to the cleaning? This might save a call to my ortho if you can help. Thanks.
I had a cleaning in January and I did not have my wires removed. They were able to clean them with the waterjet just fine (altough I ended up totally wet from the spray hitting my brackets! LOL)
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

metalmouth moi

Congrats

#11 Post by metalmouth moi »

Congrats kk !
Feels terrific when hard work pays off :thumbsup: Enjoy the swelled head syndrome, we here at archwired celebrate with you .
Thanks for the heads up on Colgate with baking soda and peroxide, I love it and am now officially hooked :-}
Take Care ,
Moi
metal braces upper and lower May 12/05

metalmouth moi

Congrats

#12 Post by metalmouth moi »

Congrats kk !
Feels terrific when hard work pays off :thumbsup: Enjoy the swelled head syndrome, we here at archwired celebrate with you .
Thanks for the heads up on Colgate with baking soda and peroxide, I love it and am now officially hooked :-}
Take Care ,
Moi
metal braces upper and lower May 12/05

sydsmom

#13 Post by sydsmom »

Yay, Karen!!!!! What a great payoff for all that cleaning you've done these past several months :-) You've inspired me to continue as well!
Lower bicuspids extracted 1/11/06
Braced (full metal) 1/18/06

jcdamon3

#14 Post by jcdamon3 »

KK: Great Job! The great thing too is I know for you and probably me these great habits will carry through with us even after we get our braces off.

I have an interesting question. Are the hygienists in a different office than your dentist? My dentist is my hygienist and I hate it! I don't think he does a great job of cleaning my teeth and I would rather have a woman do it. Sorry all you men out there. It is just a personal preference thing. I am thinking about leaving my dentists after all these years because he is not supporting me well with my endeavor to have braces. He is just sooooo conservative. He is the family dentist and he told my Mom that the braces will not fix my grinding problem. I'm like "well yeah, if you "say" it won't it won't. Sometimes there is some amount of mind over matter type things that go on with healing. It is not all just mechanical. Anyway I am rambling. I was just wondering if that was the norm in Australia and elsewhere. Maybe I should post a separate discussion?
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

lionfish

#15 Post by lionfish »

Hi jcdamon3, I'm in Oz too and my dentist is also my hygienist. I'm not due for a check/clean until August, so am not sure what the drill will be (no pun intended).