I got my TPA out!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BraceFace12

I got my TPA out!

#1 Post by BraceFace12 »

Okay I know this not that big of a deal, but I was so excited about it. First off cuz I had no idea when I went to my appointment that it was coming off. I've had it since the first day I had braces back in 04 and the top of my mouth feels so free. It wasn't very hard to get out either. Well anyways I also got elastics and so far they are okay.
Top Braces-8-12-04
Oral Surgery-6-3-05
Bottom Braces-11-15-05
Braces Off-8-22-06!

No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through the tears.

bajanrose

#2 Post by bajanrose »

Grats! I got mine off recently too :)
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!

Clo

#3 Post by Clo »

Hey congrats !

I know the feeling, I had a TPA too.
I remember that even after weeks of 'being free', I sometimes felt my
palate and thought : 'omg, I lost my TPA'. And then : 'of course, it was
removed'. These moments that I thought the TPA got loose and I
swallowed it happened several times ...
I guess I was pretty used having this thing in my mouth ...

michael33

Re: I got my TPA out!

#4 Post by michael33 »

BraceFace12 wrote:Okay I know this not that big of a deal, but I was so excited about it. First off cuz I had no idea when I went to my appointment that it was coming off. I've had it since the first day I had braces back in 04 and the top of my mouth feels so free. It wasn't very hard to get out either. Well anyways I also got elastics and so far they are okay.
Ha ha that's funny, They surprised me on my last visit when they took my TPA out. I just about jumped out of the chair! No more food getting stuck up there, and its good to be able to talk normally again!