March 1st...once upon a time my debanding date

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Evelyn

March 1st...once upon a time my debanding date

#1 Post by Evelyn »

So here it is, come and gone, March 1st...the day that I was gonna get debanded. I had the appointment all ready and for 2 1/2 weeks was all excited, but alas alack here I am, still braced.

I'll start by saying it was my decision to keep them on for a bit longer, even though the ortho highly recommended it. I decided to make an emergency appointment in Jan. after I was given my debanding date because my teeth weren't quite level and torqued right. The ortho agreed with me and then re-positioned the brackets on Feb. 8th, to even things out, so now I've still got a couple months left.

As nice as it would be to be debanded right now, I have no regrets because now that I'm all rebracketed, I truly am 100% pleased with how my teeth look, whereas before I had some doubts. Coulda, woulda, but not shoulda as I like to say!

Here are some pics (the first one is from January before rebracketing)

Before rebracketing: (notice how my left front tooth is quite a bit lower than my right one, and the laterals next to them are in different positions)

Now:

Upper arch now:

Lower arch now:

The change is not as obvious in the pictures as it is in real life, but you can tell that the front top teeth are a lot more leveled out in the 2nd one.

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

alexa

#2 Post by alexa »

I actually can see the difference and I think it's cool that you stuck with it! They (your teeth) really look great!

--alexa
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

jcdamon3

#3 Post by jcdamon3 »

Your teeth are beautiful!
You are so lucky to not have any fillings!

Do you mind me asking if you have brackets on the 7th tooth? I think it is your 2nd molar. They are angled slightly like mine and I am wondering now if mine are going to be fine. (Which is cool) In your picture I can't see the bracket - although it may just be hidden.

So when is your debanding date?

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

I agree with everyone else, your teeth are really beautiful!!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Evelyn

#5 Post by Evelyn »

Thank you so much everyone! For the first time I can really say that time has flown by since January when I first decided to re-bracket and extend treatment.

Jcdamon3, my 2nd molars aren't bracketed. In fact, they only just recently came in...I thought they were my wisdom teeth until the dentist told me they weren't... (you mean there are teeth behind them???) to be honest I don't even think they had come through when I was first braced. They're definately tipped some but they really don't effect my bite at all so I don't mind them.

Thanks again everyone, I love this board, it's so supportive!

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Chris

#6 Post by Chris »

LOOKIN GOOD. Evelyn !!!

:-88
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Leslie022

#7 Post by Leslie022 »

Before I even read anything you wrote, I noticed that your front teeth were not level in the first picture. I agree with you about keeping them on longer. After all, you have been in them for so long and paid so much money...what's a few more months when it comes to a perfect smile?!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

momof2grlz

#8 Post by momof2grlz »

Eve, I thought about you yesterday knowing it was your original debanding date. After seeing your current photos, you must be thrilled that you waited the extra few weeks (don't like to think in "months). Your end result is going to be fantabulous!

Time truly has flown by since January. You'll be a member of the naked club in no time. Wish I were so lucky, but if my result is as great as yours, it will be worth it.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

Shawnie

#9 Post by Shawnie »

Hi Eve,

I think your teeth look beautiful!

I too have one of my upper front teeth that is now longer than the other. I can see that yours are even now, so did they bring the shorter one down, or raise up the longer one?

I've read on this site that some people have the Ortho file some off the bottom of a tooth to make it even with the other teeth. I wonder when they do this vs change the length with the braces?

I'm sure time will fly by for you, and you'll have perfect teeth with no regrets when you are all done.

Take Care,
Shawnie
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

Kell

#10 Post by Kell »

Pretty teeth :) Sorry that the debanding didn't happen on March 1st but you definitely made the right decision to get everything perfect first. If you had let it go it would have bothered you for a long time to come.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

hannah164

#11 Post by hannah164 »

Eve,

Your teeth are lookin' absolutely perfect! Seriously! :D Your front teeth are much more level and, oh i just hope my smile turns out as lovely! :wink:

I did think of you on Wednesday! I know it might have been a kind of sad day but once those braces come off you will be past thrilled with a beautiful smile that will last forever!

Love how perfect your smile is especially knowing how you had an impacted canine! Just keeps me going!

Keep us posted! Btw: I luv the ligs! :)

~Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment: February 28, 2006 where they gave me a new bottom wire and attached my impacted canine, newly bracketed, to the wire! OUCH!