How many spit now when you are talking since having braces!?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KathleenH

#16 Post by KathleenH »

Yes, I spit when I talk. I stopped after a while, and then I had surgery. Now it's worse. Same with the drooling, because I can't feel it until it's dripping off my chin. :oops:
Kathleen

Surgery survivor

wen

#17 Post by wen »

Hi,

I'm new here, my name is Wen...I'm a spitter.

Jesslzz 01

#18 Post by Jesslzz 01 »

Welcome wen!

I'm a spitter too, but not that much. What is really annoying is the amount of saliva in my mouth!

As Leslie022 said, I have a courtain of saliva bubbles all around my braces everytime I smile! :oops:
And if I don't suction it and swallow it fast enough, that mean saliva finds a way to appear flying to the air...

The things braces makes us do!

Top braces on: January 9th, 2006. Lowers on February 14th, 2006
Full metalmouth!

mtbrncofn

#19 Post by mtbrncofn »

Ariesinatl wrote:What ith thith thpitting you sptheath of?? lol. Yeah I'm always gleeking or seeing little shooters when I speak. Ohh well I will gladly pay the price for straight teeth.
Ahaahahahahaha!! I was going to say gleeking in my post, but I wasn't sure if anyone else would know what it was. I always wanted to be able to make myself gleek, but could never manage it. I still can't do it on command now, but it happens quite a bit.

I'm on our school board and I was having a serious talk about school issues with the principal the other day. I was talking away and all the sudden I saw it shoot across his desk. I wanted to melt under the desk. I was hoping he didn't notice. :oops:
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

mtbrncofn

#20 Post by mtbrncofn »

Meryaten wrote:Ah the spitting. Cripplingly embarrassing. Yet whenever I notice one of those spittle-bombs flying over the table towards the person I am speaking with, they (perhaps politely pretend they) don't notice ;)

The drooling has come and gone - I'm sure it will be back.

But I have to ask - what the heck is gleeking?? Not Lynn's profanity filter at work I take it??
Ha, see that's why I didn't put it in my post. It really is the coolest thing. Have you ever chewed gum ( it usually happens when the gum is relatively new ) and this perfect little spray of drops comes shooting out without you even feeling it? That would be a gleek. I've noticed it happens with chewy stuff a lot. Like gum, caramel, steak....something that you have to put a lot of effort into chewing.
Silly, I know. I tried for years to master gleeking in high school, but never could manage it. In my mind, it's like being able to whistle really loud with your fingers in your mouth. I've never been able to figure that out either.

mtbrncofn

#21 Post by mtbrncofn »

Meryaten wrote:Heh - I learn something new every day ;) (but not how to whistle with my fingers in my mouth ;) )
Me either....darnit. :wink:

brat 2

#22 Post by brat 2 »

As Ariesinatl said "I will gladly pay the price for straight teeth", I will also. I would wear a bib around my neck for the next 2 years if need be. I guess it never hurt anyone being spit on, they may not like it, but it doesn't hurt anyone.

I am proud to be a member of the spitters club :D
upper metal braces applied November 8th, 2005
lower metal braces applied February 23rd, 2006