Emigration and braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tjakazulu

Emigration and braces

#1 Post by tjakazulu »

hello there! I've been in braces for the last 6 months now (2 years to go) and I just got a really interesting job-offer in the middle east. I was wondering if anyone has been in the situation where a change of ortho was necessary. How did that go and...how did the ortho react to this? I mean, I really would like to have straight teeth, but I don't want to miss out on this great opportunity either!..Any advice is welcome!

Bart (Holland)

Laura

#2 Post by Laura »

I am in the same position. I'm thinking of going to Australia or New Zealand to work at the end of this year. Ortho said that was fine , you just have to find an ortho over there to take over and if you are staying in the one place it shouldn't be a problem. Health Care in the middle east would be great i would imagine. The only thing it might mean is you might have to pay more.

Joanna20

#3 Post by Joanna20 »

Hi! I actually thought about that... I'm thinking about going abroad for the summer or something and I'm also gonna have to find an ortho to adjust my braces. I wonder how many people in this board have change orthos.
Good Luck
Joana

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February