(de)buck teeth - something that's stressing me

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Joanna20

(de)buck teeth - something that's stressing me

#1 Post by Joanna20 »

Hi, I'm just wondering if some of you have seen/know something about this. I saw this girl in my Uni. today that I went to school with in Junior High and she had braces forever back then, I didn't know she was attending my Uni. but anyways I looked at her and her teeth are flaring out/bucked. She's not the first person that I've seen "bucked" after braces/during braces. My question is: Why? I'm a bit bucked toothed myself and I really don't want them bucked during/after the treatment AT ALL! I would like completely freak if that happened. Anyone knows something about this? Has anyone ever "debucked" their teeth with braces? It's seems like everybody I see that has buck teeth stays buck toothed :roll:
Thanks,
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

drazda

#2 Post by drazda »

I had buck teeth, they are pretty much gone after 4 months of treatment.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

jcdamon3

#3 Post by jcdamon3 »

Hi Joanna20,

She probably didn't wear her retainer. I asked my daughter how long she is expecting to have to wear her retainer (what the ortho told her). She is almost 14. She said the ortho told her until she is out of college. I thought Phew! Good!

I told her she should also try to check things periodically after that.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

genxsis

#4 Post by genxsis »

It's seems like everybody I see that has buck teeth stays buck toothed
(Quote)

It sure as heck better NOT be that way! I have the buck toothed problem myself and it makes it hard to close my mouth all the way, and having braces on makes it even harder. If I'm going to stay this way or get worse by having braces--even after 2 or 3 years, then I'm outta here :wink:
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"

Joanna20

#5 Post by Joanna20 »

genxsis wrote:It's seems like everybody I see that has buck teeth stays buck toothed
(Quote)

It sure as heck better NOT be that way! I have the buck toothed problem myself and it makes it hard to close my mouth all the way, and having braces on makes it even harder. If I'm going to stay this way or get worse by having braces--even after 2 or 3 years, then I'm outta here :wink:
Hey I feel you! Same here! I'm going to have a serious conversation with my orthod. on my next appointment. One of the reasons I liked her was that she told me that it would be alright and that they wouln't stay bucked.
That girl was a teenager when she had braces and when you look at her mouth you see that it has too many teeth. My guess is that her ortho didn't want to extract at such an early age and then they must have moved. I'm praying to God I won't stay that way. She looks like a can opener.

Joe

mtb_nwbraces

#6 Post by mtb_nwbraces »

I had buck teeth before I started treatment 15 months ago. My buck teeth were one of the main reasons for getting braces. The first major movement I notice after getting braces were both my Upper Laterals moved out from behind my Upper Centrals to make room for my Upper Centrals to mover back into the correct location. After six months both Upper Centrals were in the correct location, after that I had my Upper Centrals slenderized and reshaped and BAM 40 years of bucktoothness was gone forever. Now I have about three months to go and not only will I be buck tooth free but I will also be brace free.
Braced - Jan 6th 2005
Full Metal Brackets
Teeth released from Bondage - July 25th 2006

Echo

#7 Post by Echo »

Joanna,

I had to laugh about the can opener comment! That is exactly the way my friend described a girl with buck teeth we once saw!
[/url]

Joanna20

#8 Post by Joanna20 »

Echo wrote:Joanna,

I had to laugh about the can opener comment! That is exactly the way my friend described a girl with buck teeth we once saw!
Hhaha! It's true! That's why I'm so concerned :? I hope no one was ofended by my comment 'cause I'm also buck toothed.
Joanna