LAST MEAL- getting braced Thursday- what would you eat

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sonyablade

LAST MEAL- getting braced Thursday- what would you eat

#1 Post by sonyablade »

I am getting braced Thursday and I was wondering what would you have eaten before getting braced knowing what you know now? I am getting ceramic uppers and metal lowers.

JoeMama

#2 Post by JoeMama »

My "last meal" was a steak, creamed spinich and a bunch of red wine... I recommend it.

Although 3 weeks into braces, I'm finding I can each just about anything (except nuts and really hard cookies). Even steak! Just cut things up.

jennielee81

#3 Post by jennielee81 »

Steak, NUTS, croutons on a nice green salad, toffee, RIBS, corn on the cob

I asked this question about a year ago before I was braced and I loved the responses!!

After a few months (5 for me), you'll be able to eat most of this again. (forget the toffee and nuts though :cry: )

Enjoy your "last meal!!"
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Leslie022

#4 Post by Leslie022 »

<b>jennielee</b> I eat steak! As long as it is tender!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

sonyablade

#5 Post by sonyablade »

What about foods/drink that stain the bands on the ceramic?

OneTime

#6 Post by OneTime »

Eat anything that taste good.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

Way Too Old For This

#7 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Eat something you love that requires you to bite into with your front teeth. That is virtually impossible for me now. Corn on the cob, sandwiches, ribs, fried chicken. If you like nachos, it was a couple of months before I could eat those. I eat apples now all cut up, but can't just grab one and bite into it. Or plums.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

ingyandbert

#8 Post by ingyandbert »

We went out to an Italian restaurant for pizza. I'd suggest eating something chewy, since you won't be doing that for a while.

wearetheborg

#9 Post by wearetheborg »

Whats wrong with eating nuts with braces ?
I ate some peanuts yesterday (10 days after braces). It hurt a little but I ate it anyway :twisted:

celiviel

#10 Post by celiviel »

Way Too Old For This wrote:Eat something you love that requires you to bite into with your front teeth.
I second this recommendation. I've been braced for 2.5 months now and still have a rough time biting with my front teeth. I have fantasies about buffalo chicken wings and giant Dagwood Bumstead-style sandwiches. I could still eat them if I wanted to, but I'd have to cut everything into bite-sized pieces which takes all the fun out of it.

lionfish

#11 Post by lionfish »

I'd go for pork crackling, spare ribs, crab/lobster claws (yes, I have used my back teeth to crack them).

jcdamon3

#12 Post by jcdamon3 »

I'd go for pork crackling, spare ribs, crab/lobster claws (yes, I have used my back teeth to crack them).
Uhh... You might want to stop doing that even after you get your braces off! :)

I would eat the biggest hamburger that I could possibly get my mouth around and corn on the cob and a candy apple! And some of that really hard candy nougat
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Betty Bat

#13 Post by Betty Bat »

My last meal before braces was a deep dish, Chicago-style pizza and a Snickers bar. I had been warned about the pizza crust and about the caramel. But, if I had it to do over, I would have a big, juicy hamburger! Many people on this site will tell you that you will be able to chew things (maybe not the first day, but eventually) but it's hard to bite into things. I can eat a hamburger if I cut it into little pieces, but that's just not the same.

Good luck and remember that ice cream is always easy to eat!

bajanrose

#14 Post by bajanrose »

Well I was surprised with getting some brackets on today, so I guess my last meal was fries, a burger,macaroni pie and a snickers bar! lol And I had some scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning.
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!

MrsDantel

#15 Post by MrsDantel »

HA! what wouldn't I have eaten ... lets see..... Wings... a Italitan Sub, A Big Cheeseburger with the works...Soft Caramel Chews... Salad.... Celery with peanut butter.... Raw Carrots...... ( anything in a raw vegie tray LOL) A candy Bar... Dortitos.....

Of course I would have spaced these out over a few meals LOL

After all this time I dont even remember what my last meal was before getting braced! I do know I was on a chicken broth and mashed potatoe diet for weeks!

I remember being brave and trying to eat a cheez it cracker... oh the horror.. but I wanted them SO bad that I would let it get soft and swallow without chewing... I DO NOT recomend swallowing without chewing.. really gives ya a tummy ache!
27 and Braced!!
Upper Ceramics - March 24, 2005
Lower Metals - May 10, 2005
One day, My teeth will be beautiful!