Speeding up the process

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

joeb1

Speeding up the process

#1 Post by joeb1 »

Quick background: 30year old male, braces in high school, braces on lower for about 13 months

At my previous appt (1 month ago) I had one tooth that was not fully in line with the others. This one tooth was 99% of the way there but just wouldn’t go that last 1%. It had been like this for the past 6 months but it was so minor that I didn’t care. My teeth looked good and I was ready to get these things off.

So, at my last appt I finally told them that I thought my teeth looked fine and that I wasn’t going for perfection...especially if it meant wearing the braces for another 6 months and that I was ready to get the braces off. My ortho was a little stunned but said OK and instead of proceeding with continued line of treatment and the same wires she decided to give it one last try and put in very thick wire. It worked…

I went in today and the tooth had moved perfectly into place. All looks good and they now want to take the braces off next week.

ingyandbert

#2 Post by ingyandbert »

That's fantastic! Can we trade places?

joeb1

#3 Post by joeb1 »

Here are some before and after pics. Unfortunalty I dont have any before pics but I do have this molding that was taken and it gives you a good idea just how crookd the front teeth were.

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

Oh my gosh! I can't wait until my bottom teeth are that straight! That is so awesome! 13 months huh? Good luck on your debanding!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!