Losing Brackets?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mm92280

Losing Brackets?

#1 Post by mm92280 »

I was just curious how many of you have had brackets come unglued on you? I am just under 2 weeks into my treatment and I have 2 brackets that have come unglued and are just able to slide along the wire right now.

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

Hi there,

None of mine have come unglued. They can come unglued though for a couple of reasons. 1) the teeth are really crooked which put alot of stress on the bracket 2) the glue didn't hold up because they didn't put it on correctly or it got an air pocket and just didn't hold.

If I were you, I would call the ortho and have them glued back as soon as possible. You don't want those teeth left behind do you? :)
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

mm92280

#3 Post by mm92280 »

I have an appointment to get them glued back on tomorrow. I was hoping they might be able to sneak me in sometime today, but that didn't happen.

drazda

#4 Post by drazda »

I lost 2 molar brackets within 3 weeks of having my braces. I think they were just put on incorrectly since I haven't had any problems since then.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

KathleenH

#5 Post by KathleenH »

I had one fall off about two months into braces (never found it); other than that, I haven't had any problems until today. I have been in braces for over 2 years, and there were two brackets that had fallen off over the past 11 weeks (probably knocked loose during surgery).
Kathleen

Surgery survivor

godawgs

#6 Post by godawgs »

i got mine on yesterday and a back molar bracket came unglued several hours later. luckily my ortho was able to fit me in today, but it was such a long drive in traffic! :?

lionfish

#7 Post by lionfish »

I had one come off a crowned molar three days in. They reattached it with different glue and no problems since.

Raspberry

#8 Post by Raspberry »

i had one pop off my bottom lateral tooth, it's one of the more out of the way teeth, so I figured it was just too much stress for the glue. It popped off the same day I got my braces. I haven't had any problems since.

Flora2006

#9 Post by Flora2006 »

I haven't had a bracket come off yet thank god. Hopefully it won't happen.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006