Think Pink! I took the plunge...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

weird_wired

Think Pink! I took the plunge...

#1 Post by weird_wired »

I'm pretty happy with the results.

AND - I had a tagine (Moroccan stew) today, rich with saffron. Although my fingernails were brilliant yellow afterwards where I had been dipping bread in the sauce, I didn't have to worry one bit about staining my ligs ;)

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

Your teeth are looking awesome! That pink is amazing on your teeth! :D I hope to be brave enough one day to sport a colored lig!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Dark_angel

#3 Post by Dark_angel »

Dark_angel

#4 Post by Dark_angel »

Dark_angel

#5 Post by Dark_angel »

Sorry for the other posts im having problems trying to get the image to the correct size stupid photo bucket. Anyway for you that can see thats me with my current hot pink ligs.

weird_wired

#6 Post by weird_wired »

Dark_angel wrote:Sorry for the other posts im having problems trying to get the image to the correct size stupid photo bucket. Anyway for you that can see thats me with my current hot pink ligs.
Oh they look super - the pink also looks more fuschia (which I prefer) - do you know its exact name?

Mine is "Screaming Pink" I think.

Super Soo

#7 Post by Super Soo »

wow I think your teeth both look great weird_ wired and dark angel...can't wait for the day when mine straighten up as well as both of yours. was trying to be as inconspicuous as possible with the old 'tooth colour' ligs but U think I might be brave after seeing yours and go for the pink!

Sue

x x
Full metal uppers and lowers 28.02.06 at age 26

http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Dark_angel

#8 Post by Dark_angel »

Finally managed to get it so you can see it better. This was just after my last adjustment i now have gaps between my top incisors which must mean my extraction gaps are closing. To everyone in silver and pearl ligs go for colours i love them. Im thinking about going back to purple and black or maybe aqua at my next appointment.

Be brave

weird_wired

#9 Post by weird_wired »

Dark_angel wrote:Finally managed to get it so you can see it better. This was just after my last adjustment i now have gaps between my top incisors which must mean my extraction gaps are closing. To everyone in silver and pearl ligs go for colours i love them. Im thinking about going back to purple and black or maybe aqua at my next appointment.

Be brave
Amen! While I like the near 100% invisibility of brand new clear ligs (and if I had to get photos done, I would go and get some put on specially) colour is not only fun and pretty, it makes teeth look whiter. Not just because the yellow is gone, but because of the contrast between the tooth and the lig colour.

I think if I had metal and I needed to get photos done, I would get white ligs put on. The demo-model of teeth my orthodontist shows people has different coloured ligs on, and the white ones kind of mask the metal quite a bit, as from a slight distance they look like part of the tooth.

But for other times, colour is easiest ;)

BlueeyedManda

#10 Post by BlueeyedManda »

I did hot pink on my lowers this morning, it is a hot pink powerchain but it doesn't look as bright as your's does. When I look in the mirror it blends in, I have ceramics on the bottom and I love how colors look on them. I haven't been brave enough for colors on top though.
BTW...your hot pink looks awesome!

bajanrose

#11 Post by bajanrose »

I'm loving the pink!
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!