Yeah finally I got braces in today...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

danie_h_06

Yeah finally I got braces in today...

#1 Post by danie_h_06 »

Hello everyone,

Today was the official day that I got braces. The process wasn't to bad of getting them on, it is now that is bothering me major. My teeth are so sore that I can bearly eat a single thing and I am starving. To top it off i just brushed, flossed, and rinse out my mouth with mouth wash so I really don't want to eat anything because I'll have to go through the whole process once again (and let me tell you it took almost fourty minuets). Well it's the price to pay for wanting a beautiful smile :D . Well anyways I think I'm going to go to sleep; hopefully I'll be able to do so.

Danie

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

Congrats on getting braces :)

It will get better, the first 3 or so days are usually the worse. The cleaning routine is a bit annoying lol. I brush my teeth minimum 5 times a day...but you will get used to it :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

MATEO'S

#3 Post by MATEO'S »

hell danie,

i just got braces 15 days ago and for the first five i wanted them removed i was in so much pain and i could hardly eat :oops: if i did'nt have slimfast shakes i don't know what i would have done. but i here to tell it does get better. i did'nt floss for the first few days because it hurt so much but how i floss daily with no problems. hang in there it will get better...hope this helps mateo's :wink:

ingyandbert

#4 Post by ingyandbert »

The first three days were the worst and after that it got much easier. By about Day Ten, I forgot I was even wearing braces unless it was time to eat or brush. For me, the installation was the worst part because my teeth were really sensitive to the cleaners & adhesives they used. And because my breathing is compromised due to an accident, I couldn't breathe through my mouth because of all the stuff they had in it. So I was lying on my back trying to breathe solely through my nose for 2 hours, that was a challenge. Once that was over, the rest was nothing.

Super Soo

#5 Post by Super Soo »

At first cleaning does take a while. I've had mine on for 11 days and every time I eat anything I still want to go and brush straight away! I've stopped snacking for the simple fact that I don't want to do the whole cleaning routine again so it's not worth picking at food!

I was always quite 'obsessed' (for want of a better word) with my teeth and used to clean my teeth from 3-4 times a day - now I do it about 5-6 times a day - is everyone like this?

Sue

x x
Full metal uppers and lowers 28.02.06 at age 26

http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

danie_h_06

#6 Post by danie_h_06 »

Well everyone,

Thanks for the tips :D Today is my third day with braces and I guess I am already adjusting to them. They still bother me but not to bad, and it doesn't hurt as bad when I eat as it did two days ago. And as for the brushing and flossing I am getting use to it. I'll try to put some pics up soon. Gotta run. Thanks again.

-Danie

Leslie022

#7 Post by Leslie022 »

Glad to hear things are going better for you. The time it takes to brush/floss/etc. will speed up! No worries!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

braceface1230

#8 Post by braceface1230 »

Congrads Danie! I hear ya on not wanting to eat anything because of having to brush all over again. I still do that :D . I know one thing that really helped with that. Smoothies, yogurt, shakes, and anything else shluppy. I had a juicer that was starting to collect dust, but after being braced, its now my most used appliance.
Oh yeah, if you haven't done so already, I'd suggest going to the "Our braces stories" section of this site and get yourself going in there. It's a great area to keep up your progress.
Good luck and we look forward to watching your progress!

chrisd

#9 Post by chrisd »

for me the novelty of havin ghtem was enough to distract me from the irritation for the first few days :D .

at about day 5 i wanted to rip them off, as my cheeks were torn up, i still couldnt talk, and it was a pain to clean them :evil: .

after another few days i really started to get used to them and my cheeks got better - no wax since then. cleaning still takes some time down to about 10 mins for the whole routine, which is not too bad.

keep us all updated and good luck,
chris
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months

bajanrose

#10 Post by bajanrose »

Congrats Danie on getting braced! You'll be able to eat soon don't worry!!! Post us some pics :D
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!