Chocolate

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bckydgardnr

#16 Post by bckydgardnr »

How can a person go without chocolate? It is a daily staple of my life!!! Even my son's doctor ( a neurologist) says that people, children especially should have some chocolate each day!!

I'd be careful with the caramel. Don't chew, just let it melt in your mouth! :D

gardnr
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05

Flora2006

#17 Post by Flora2006 »

MadeIn1984 wrote: Just remember: stick to moderation. That's your best bet! :wink:
Moderation when it comes to chocolate?! That's hard to do ;) :lol:

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

MadeIn1984

#18 Post by MadeIn1984 »

lol I guess there really aren't any rules when it comes to chocolate! :lol:

Some of my favorite chocolate treats that I reach for when I'm in a hurry include semi-sweet chocolate chips. I just grab a small handful and let each rich, chocolaty chip melt in my mouth.

I also love eating chocolate-covered raisins. Yum yum! :D
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

lionfish

#19 Post by lionfish »

Has anyone tried Cadbury's Fruit and Nut? I know what they say about nuts, but....

lionfish

#20 Post by lionfish »

On the strength of that, I might give it a try. I'll put up with the mess.

Leslie022

#21 Post by Leslie022 »

Yum, Cadbury Eggs! The caramel Cadbury eggs are great. It isn't hard or chewy, rather smooth and creamy caramel. It shouldn't be a problem but would probably be a good idea to brush afterwards. There's no telling how much sugar is in it!

I eat chocolate all the time. Around Valentine's, I ate a whole back of Dove chocolates in a day! Terrible, I know, but good!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

TracyJean

Yea!

#22 Post by TracyJean »

I am so happy to hear people say they have no problem eating Cadbury's Creme Eggs and Caramel Eggs. I don't eat a lot of chocolate, but I do indulge in those at Easter. Glad to hear, with my braces going on today, that I don't have to give those up for Lent.

As for the person who said they taste different in the US vs. the UK, yep. I lived in Europe for several years (Germany mostly, although I did spend time in the UK in 97) and I couldn't believe the difference. My other chocolate indulgence is Cadbury Flake bars - a friend sends me a box every now and then from England. I still have some left from the Christmas box she sent me and since they flake and melt in your mouth, they'll be really easy to eat with the braces.
TracyJean

TracyJean

Yea!

#23 Post by TracyJean »

I am so happy to hear people say they have no problem eating Cadbury's Creme Eggs and Caramel Eggs. I don't eat a lot of chocolate, but I do indulge in those at Easter. Glad to hear, with my braces going on today, that I don't have to give those up for Lent.

As for the person who said they taste different in the US vs. the UK, yep. I lived in Europe for several years (Germany mostly, although I did spend time in the UK in 97) and I couldn't believe the difference. My other chocolate indulgence is Cadbury Flake bars - a friend sends me a box every now and then from England. I still have some left from the Christmas box she sent me and since they flake and melt in your mouth, they'll be really easy to eat with the braces.
TracyJean

Lin

#24 Post by Lin »

Did somebody say chocolate?

Funny you should ask... I saw some Cadbury creme eggs at the grocery yesterday and bought four of them. They were not a problem with my braces at all. I just had to be careful biting into the egg to break it open, then just had one half at a time, since my mouth can't open wide enough anymore to eat a whole egg at once.

YUM.

I don't think I personally would attempt the caramel ones, though. I have not had much luck eating caramel, but mostly because it's awkward and hard to clean. Suits me, I like the creme eggs better.
-- Lin | Braced on 1/31/06 | 5 extractions + Canine Exposed 4/19/06