Newbie here!I got my expander on 3/8/06

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SamanthaClavier

Newbie here!I got my expander on 3/8/06

#1 Post by SamanthaClavier »

Ok here we go,ill be spending ALOT of time with everyone here (2 1/2-3years)i had spacers in for around 2 weeks?feb 23rd i think up until this past wed...ill have this expander for 3months,(its the one with the key you turn)i want to point out one thing ppl keep saying that bothers me.YOU PUSH IT BACK not turn it!when i researched it online i am thinking [key in door] when really you put a metal stick like thing in a SMALL HOLE nothing like a key and push back.LOL

candygrrrl

#2 Post by candygrrrl »

Howdy and welcome!

I got my expander on 3-10-06 (and posted a long rant about it :D) and was also surprised how the appliance was "keyed". Not difficult at all but boy, what a funky feeling.

At any rate, I hope you're not having too much trouble adjusting to the RPE and I wish you the best of luck in your treatment!

Candy

SamanthaClavier

#3 Post by SamanthaClavier »

ty,i did it myself the first day.on the second day i couldnt find the hole,so i am like WTF come to find out i didnt push it back far enough LOL,i am happy i can do it myself,i didnt want someone elses fingures in my mouth :lol:

airxjordan24

#4 Post by airxjordan24 »

[quote="SamanthaClavier"]ton the second day i couldnt find the hole,so i am like WTF come to find out i didnt push it back far enough LOL,quote]

same thing happend to me. i was like "wtf" as well.. lol took me about 20 min messing with it to figure that out :oops:
1/21/06 - spacers and brackets
1/25/06 - 2 lower biscupids extracted
1/30/06 - lower archwire
2/13/06 - expander on uppers

Brandyleigh35

#5 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

My husband does my appliance expansions twice a day. I'm sooo glad he is doing it. It feels so weird and I just don't think I could do it on myself. I think I would chicken out! Also, I think some of the appliances are keyed differently. One of the students in my school has one and says that her mom is constantly stabbing her in the roof of the mouth with the key when she expands her daily. Mine does not work like that and could not stab me in the roof of the mouth at all. The key isn't even long enough to reach that high.

Brandy

zbbelgium

#6 Post by zbbelgium »

Have just finished with my expander and now have an arch in. Found easiest way to put in key was to have a strong light behind me when looking in the mirror. Hole shows up pretty well if light is strong enough.

happy pushing!