I'm braced!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TracyJean

I'm braced!

#1 Post by TracyJean »

:D Just got back from getting my top brackets put on. The bottom molar bands are on, but the Dr. won't put the lower brackets on yet due to my severe overbite. We'll see how it goes, but he said he'll put the bottom brackets on either at the first or second adjustment. That also means I have a few more weeks before I have to worry about my flute playing.

Today wasn't as bad as when they had to force the spacers in last week. Two of the brackets didn't want to bond to the teeth and immediately popped off, but a little bit stronger adhesive and they're back on. I've got self-ligating brackets, so no colorful ligatures (and I was looking forward to showing my Irish pride for St. Patrick's Day - darn!). No pain so far, but we'll see what happens when the Advil wears off.

But now I'm hungry. It seems like lunch was so long ago.
TracyJean

Dadio

#2 Post by Dadio »

Welcome and congrats! My ortho did the same thing - top braces and all the molar bands my first time. After spacers, I was glad he did all the bands and I didn't have to do spacers again. That was 10/6 of last year and he waited until last month to do my bottom arch. That's how much overbite I had; that is, used to have!

On flute playing, my daughter was braced the same day as I and she got her bottom arch a month before I did. She says she doesn't notice much difference playing with top only or top and bottom and it really hasn't bothered her much. I think she has had a lot less trouble with the flute than the bassoon she started out with.

Take care!