Insignia, teeth not wide enough?, etc..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rockexrolloh

Insignia, teeth not wide enough?, etc..

#1 Post by rockexrolloh »

Hey guys. I'm 18 and I just had my first orthodontist appointment last week. My orthodontist decided that Insignia braces would be the best choice for me.
Have any of you tried these? I was told that only 17 orthodontist in the world use them. I guess that's why I can't find any information online. I'd really like to know how well they work. I was told that it speeds up the process and I would only have to wear my braces for 16 months.

Since I'm getting older, I wanted to go with the clear braces. I can get the clear Insignia braces on top but I have to have regular ones on bottom. I guess if they knock together, the top ones can crack. I'm kind of worried that I'm going to look silly but hopefully it won't be too bad.

My ortho also told me that my top teeth aren't wide enough for my bottom teeth. He might have to space some of the top ones or shave the bottom ones down. Right now I'm trying to get rid of a gap in my front teeth and really don't want to have anymore spaces.
Have any of you had this problem? It makes me extremely nervous because I want my teeth to be gap free and straight. But he seems like he knows what he's doing.

Also do any of you use special toothbrushes specifically for people with braces?

Sorry for all the questions! But braces are so exciting and I want to know all I can!!

belmikry

#2 Post by belmikry »

Insignia Braces

looks like they are really neat- I don't know too much about them, but hopefully you can find out more information :)

are they self ligating or do they need ligatures? I couldn't find much info on them either- looks pretty new, can't wait to see what happens :)

as for the brush, the ortho usually gives out a kit with a special brush which angles in the middle so you can scrub away on the sides of your braces with ease - if you prefer electric brushes, I hear Sonic care is an excellent choice as well :)

glad to have you aboard- and welcome :) let us know how your first appointment oes, and I look forward to seeing progress pictures and updates! :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

belmikry

#3 Post by belmikry »

here's an article on them as well- sorry that's all i could find :P

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/cus ... pace-promo
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

rockexrolloh

#4 Post by rockexrolloh »

thank you, belmikry. those are the only two sites i could find as well.

i have no idea about them being self ligating or if they need ligatures. i don't even know what any of that means! haha, i'm so new at this.

all i really know about them is that they are faster than traditional braces and they are specially designed just for my teeth. my ortho has to send molds of my teeth in so they can make the special brackets.

but i will keep everyone updated when i get them!

jaswi

#5 Post by jaswi »

Looks to me suspiciously like the invisalign computer program mixxed with regular(ish) braces.

godawgs

#6 Post by godawgs »

rotadent toothbrush, love it!