Another Day Another Bite...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

serendipity

Another Day Another Bite...

#1 Post by serendipity »

Does anyone find their bite changes almost daily? Some days I bite together and my teeth feel like they all fit other days it seems like its hard to bit down at all. I know this is just my teeth moving but its really weird. Anyone experience the same kinda thing?
"Welcome to wherever you are - this is your life, you've made it this far..."

In Braces for 15 months - Debanded Feb 07
Am I Enjoying It? "Hell Yes!"

nimo

#2 Post by nimo »

Definitely. I think I've had one day after my spacers were put in where my teeth all met like they used to...and even so it feels like my lower jaw is being forced forward. I feel like I'll never be able to relax and put my teeth together again.
Braced on 17 Feb. 2006.
Five teeth extracted on March 9, 2006.
Canine exposure: February 7, 2007
lefort 3 March 7, 2008
TPA April 22, 2008
2 years 7 months in braces
braces off September 17, 2008

Kell

#3 Post by Kell »

Definitely! This week my bite is off everywhere.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

ingyandbert

#4 Post by ingyandbert »

Not only is my bite off but like you said, it changes all the time. Sometimes my teeth will meet on the left side and not the right. Other days, it's the opposite. I've just resigned myself to having to constantly figure out which side is best to chew with.

Leslie022

#5 Post by Leslie022 »

I got a new, square wire today and my bite had changed within 10 minutes.
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

CLAmom

#6 Post by CLAmom »

It's so true, my bite is changing all the time, too. Sometimes my front teeth on top seem to "clang" into the bottom ones. Other days it's the canines. I swear the left side lower canine is growing taller like a little plant in the garden. It's too weird. I hope it's all part of the plan.

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

ingyandbert

#7 Post by ingyandbert »

Okay, that's weird. One of my lower canines is suddenly way taller than the other and I thought maybe it was just me...

Sillygirl

#8 Post by Sillygirl »

I thought it was just me because I haven't seen a topic where anyone talked about it.
I only have a spacer in so far, but my bite seems to be changing also. The same thing, sometimes I can bite all the way, and sometimes I can't. And the lower jaw does want to hang out a little to the front.
Strange how this stuff works... :?:

March 7, 2006 Quad-Helix Expander placed

Flora2006

#9 Post by Flora2006 »

Same here, things are different every few days.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

krennen

#10 Post by krennen »

I, too, have been experiencing the "changing bite" and it has been quite annoying. The positive side is that teeth are loosening and moving. Just today my bite seemed a little more like it used to be--at least my molars met better for chewing. I was pretty excited. As I have much more movement that will be taking place--extraction gaps to fill, crowded teeth to move, etc I'm sure things will be changing again soon. I hope the new normal won't seem too weird at the end of my braces adventure. Right now I worry that my tongue will seem too big for my mouth!!!

missing_tooth

#11 Post by missing_tooth »

All the time, cept my jaw now sits off to the side. Definately not enjoyable.

- Missing Tooth -