I am 28 and just got braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Yoda1

I am 28 and just got braces

#1 Post by Yoda1 »

I just got braces last week and this has been about the hardest
thing I have had to do. I had to have my wisdom teeth taken
out and I ended up getting Dry Socket. So now I have a mouth
full of braces and my jaw is killing me.
I also have lifts on the back of my teeth, because I also
have a crossbite, so it's preventing me from biting all the way
down.
Right now I want to ripe these things out of my mouth.

Does it get any better?

:cry:

MyTinGrin

#2 Post by MyTinGrin »

Yes, believe or not...it does get better :D . I'm 27 and I just got braces in January. I had the blue bumper things that prevent you from biting down fully, so eating was nearly impossible. I had 2 bicuspids extracted 3 weeks later and ended up with dry socket at both sites. HORRIBLE. But after 4 days of going back and forth to the oral surgeon to get the extraction sites packed, it was all over. I know how you feel. It was just too much going on all at once. But it will pass.

Yoda1

#3 Post by Yoda1 »

Thanks so much for your input.
Comforting to know someone out there can understand what
this is like.

bethne3

#4 Post by bethne3 »

Hey Yoda,
Your post caught my eye because i'm 28 also. I also had my wisdoms taken out and then braces put on. Ouch!
I hope that you're feeling better by now. It does get easier. Promise!

Bethany
4 Wisdoms Removed 11/14/05
Upper Teeth Braced/Expander 11/22/05
Lower Teeth Braced/Expander 11/28/05

Flora2006

#5 Post by Flora2006 »

Congratulations on gettin braces.

Don't worry, things will get better. It's a lot of energy to get used to having braces, but you will get used to them. Hang in there.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

materialsgirl

#6 Post by materialsgirl »

Hi Yoda! Don't worry, it does get better! I felt that way when I got my braces on a couple weeks ago. I couldn't eat anything, I was so sore, I couldn't bite down... but you do get used to them and the pain subsides. Hang in there! :)