Poll: Dental Hygiene

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nimo

#16 Post by nimo »

How old are you? (If you care to share)
How many times a year did you visit the dentist before braces?
I didn't go until I was 17. I went nine times that year. Then I went again when I was 19 and had lost the crown (or whatever it's called) off my front tooth (The dentist was like, "You should have gone to the orthodontist years ago." I told my mom, and she was like, "Yeah, we already knew that," and that was the end of that.). And then I went after I finally had insurance of my own when I was 23. And now I'll start going like a normal human being.
How many times a year do you visit the dentist now?
I'll be going every six months.
How much did you floss before braces? Now?
Never before. Well, no, I started to do it every night a few months ago, but only between the teeth that I could actually get between. Now I do it every night between all teeth, except for two that I just CAN NOT get between.
Do you think your habits will change again when you get your braces off?
I won't be brushing seven hundred times a day, but I'll keep brushing and flossing.
Braced on 17 Feb. 2006.
Five teeth extracted on March 9, 2006.
Canine exposure: February 7, 2007
lefort 3 March 7, 2008
TPA April 22, 2008
2 years 7 months in braces
braces off September 17, 2008

Lyn

#17 Post by Lyn »

How old are you? 41 :(
How many times a year did you visit the dentist before braces? once :)
How many times a year do you visit the dentist now? every 6 months :D
How much did you floss before braces? once a month (teeth too tight & crowded, too painful, lots of bleeding) :x
Now? once a week [water pik 4x a day] :o
Do you think your habits will change again when you get your braces off? YES, prob. will floss every day, still brush 3x day :lol:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

vanilla

#18 Post by vanilla »

How old are you? 28
How many times a year did you visit the dentist before braces? My adult teeth never saw a dentist until 3 months before my wisdoms were taken out which was just 3 months before getting braced.
How many times a year do you visit the dentist now? 2x a year
How much did you floss before braces? Almost never.
Now? I go through almost-every-day bouts after a few weeks of being lazy and floss-free.
Do you think your habits will change again when you get your braces off? Pre-brace habits or current? From pre-brace, you're damn straight they will or that's 5 grand down the toilet :wink:
Ceramic + metal since 31/03/05

somethingvague

#19 Post by somethingvague »

How old are you? fifteen
How many times a year did you visit the dentist before braces? twice
How many times a year do you visit the dentist now? twice
How much did you floss before braces? the same...
Do you think your habits will change again when you get your braces off? I'm a bit obsessed about brushing/flossing right now. um i dont think it will change.....