Spacey Teeth/Gaps all around

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

seeminglyshy

Spacey Teeth/Gaps all around

#1 Post by seeminglyshy »

For years I've had spacey teeth.

I havent noticed that many people with them.

Mine are like tiny little squares, chicklets of sorts :lol:

Anyone here with braces to close their gaps? (I say gaps, not a single gap)

I have mine to correct my overbite but I DO NOT want to get rid of the spaces, my orthodontist disagrees but I really could care less -- I love 'em!!! :D
Braced: 9/23/05

Having 4 wisdom teeth extracted: 2/17/06 *ouchie*

Ceramic on top, metal below.

Duration: 2 years

brace yourself

#2 Post by brace yourself »

Id have too say that is definitely not the case for me. No room for any gaps, my teeth really enjoy snuggling up to each other. :wink:

seeminglyshy

#3 Post by seeminglyshy »

Braceyourself,

That last comment made me smile :P

mtbrncofn

#4 Post by mtbrncofn »

Yep, I have braces for that reason. I had gaps all over the place. It was odd that I never noticed the rest of the gaps because the one in the front was so prominent. When everything else started closing up, I was shocked.

I'm glad you love your gaps, more power to you. I hate mine and can't wait til they're all gone. ( I really feel like I should insert an evil laugh here. ) :)
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

jcdamon3

#5 Post by jcdamon3 »

My daughter has braces for big gaps. Top and bottom.

Mine on top never had gaps before but do now :-) . I have had braces now for 7 months

hannah164

#6 Post by hannah164 »

I had a huge gap in my two front teeth and everyone would stare at it and ask me why I didn't have braces! :shock: :cry: I was so embarrassed! After it finally close I was so ecstatic! :D

If you don't mind your gaps that's a good thing! :wink: I hated mine and was so glad when it was gone! :roll:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment was 2/1/06 where they bonded a bracket to my cuspid, which was impacted!!!! OUCH!

Destor

#7 Post by Destor »

I've also got braces for that reason, among others :) can't say that the spaces are anything that I want, in fact the faster they're gone, the better!
Braced November 29, 2005. Damon 3's on top and bottom

seeminglyshy

#8 Post by seeminglyshy »

Thanks for the responses guys.

I think my Orthodontist has an evil plan. He mentioned (at my last tightening) "cant wait to get this top gap closed" -- :evil:

Me: "...ummm...remember I told you I just wanted to correct my overbite, not close the gaps!"

Him: ".....ahh, riiiiight"

jcdamon3

#9 Post by jcdamon3 »

[quote]I have mine to correct my overbite but I DO NOT want to get rid of the spaces, my orthodontist disagrees but I really could care less -- I love 'em!!![quote]

Is the ortho correcting an overbite (deep bite) or an overjet? If he is fixing an overjet - don't know how he will do that without either closing gaps or pulling teeth. If he is fixing an overbite than I supposed that can be done but you need to have a big talk with your ortho cuz it sounds like you and him are not on the same page.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

seeminglyshy

#10 Post by seeminglyshy »

jcdamon3 wrote:
I have mine to correct my overbite but I DO NOT want to get rid of the spaces, my orthodontist disagrees but I really could care less -- I love 'em!!!

Is the ortho correcting an overbite (deep bite) or an overjet? If he is fixing an overjet - don't know how he will do that without either closing gaps or pulling teeth. If he is fixing an overbite than I supposed that can be done but you need to have a big talk with your ortho cuz it sounds like you and him are not on the same page.
JCD, what's the difference between an overbite and an overjet?

jcdamon3

#11 Post by jcdamon3 »

Hi,

An overbite or deep bite is when your front teeth overlap you bottom teeth vertically. An Overjet is when you front teeth stick out horizontally.
Mid Forties!

jcdamon3

#12 Post by jcdamon3 »

I think the 'r' is not working well on my computer.
Mid Forties!

rockexrolloh

#13 Post by rockexrolloh »

Aww! I think it's great that you like your gaps. I wish I could say the same for mine but I'm so self-concious. I have gaps between the top 4 of my teeth but mostly between my two front teeth. I've been made fun of A LOT for my gap and it has really brought my spirits down. My ortho says that I should only need braces for 16 months and I should be able to see the gaps getting smaller within a few months. I hope he's right...

rockexrolloh

#14 Post by rockexrolloh »

hannah164 wrote:I had a huge gap in my two front teeth and everyone would stare at it and ask me why I didn't have braces! :shock: :cry: I was so embarrassed! After it finally close I was so ecstatic! :D

If you don't mind your gaps that's a good thing! :wink: I hated mine and was so glad when it was gone! :roll:

-Hannah :frogbraces:
Hannah, how long before you noticed your gaps started to close? I can't wait until I get my braces and my gap closes. Ugh, I hate it. You seem to be young like me and I know what you mean by people always staring and making comments. People can be cruel, especially teenagers.

paw655

gaps, plural

#15 Post by paw655 »

The ever increasing gaps are one of the reasons I have to get braces again as an adult. I glanced at the ortho's notes and I think the largest gap is
6 mm, which may not sound big, but there is plenty of room in that gap for everything I eat to settle down in there.

At this point, the gap in the front is around 1-2 mm, which is why I want to get this braces stuff underway. I'm glad you like your gaps, but I don't. Make sure you and your ortho (and parents, if they are paying) are all on board about what the plan is for the gaps and the rest of treatment.