Who here didn't have any extractions?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Avion19

Who here didn't have any extractions?

#1 Post by Avion19 »

I didn't get any teeth extracted because my ortho thinks that it should be the last resort. She said that if things don't go according to plan, I'll have to extract 4 teeth. I'm happy about that since many Orthos just extracts teeth so there job would be easier. I used to think it was odd since I have crowding, but since my teeth are starting to straighten up, the crowding isn't apparent.

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

I haven't had any extractions either. But my teeth aren't that bad. My upper teeth are what needs most work but even that...my canine is in a crossbite position, and my midline is off...then it's just levelling. With my bottom teeth, there is very little crowding with the front teeth and that is it.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Leslie022

#3 Post by Leslie022 »

I didn't have to have any teeth extracted. I still have my wisdom teeth, as well. I am considering having my wisdom teeth removed, however. Since being braced, my upper wisdom teeth have been coming in at lightning speed with no problems. My lower wisdom teeth, on the other hand, have been causing a lot of pain. I don't think I have the room for them. I'm planning to mention it to my ortho at my next adjustment.
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

I will not need any extractions. I have crowding, but I have plenty of room to eliminate the crowding by flaring the teeth outward. My teeth were crowded and slanted inward (rather than outward).
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Kell

#5 Post by Kell »

I'm not having any extractions now. I did have my wisdom teeth removed but that was almost 20 years ago. My problems are just some minor crowding on the top and more crowding on the bottom. I'm not sure how everything is going to straighten out on the bottom but I have faith in my ortho.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

MadeIn1984

#6 Post by MadeIn1984 »

No extractions here! Not 100% sure if I won't need them later on...

I will inquire at my next adjustment (next Thursday)! :wink:
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

OneTime

#7 Post by OneTime »

I ask this question to my ortho, he mention no extraction is needed. So I am happy with that answer.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

belmikry

#8 Post by belmikry »

nope, no extractions here- I still have my wisdom teeth as well :)

Although my dentist previously told me if any discomfort came from my wisdom teeth, I should have them removed- but I didn't even realize they were out let alone painless/painful :P

so hopefully I get to keep them- :) mostly I ahve braces to fix my impacted incisor, fix my alignment and widen my archwire- but I don't need a RPE either :) guess i got lucky :P
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

bracesmom

#9 Post by bracesmom »

raises hand...

no extractions here thank goodness! I will probably be having some teeth shaved down though.

QueensNY

#10 Post by QueensNY »

kinda wish I didn't need extractions

the 4 teeth being removed made my jaw narrow and my mouth smaller, but then again, there woundn't have been much room for the other teeth to move...

DizzyKitty

#11 Post by DizzyKitty »

Mine said extractions as a last resort but so far, so good...no extractions.
- Dizzy

joygoss

#12 Post by joygoss »

Myn ortho wanted to extract four, but I didn't want to lose any teeth, so we chose the distal jet, which slowly distalizes the molars to create space. I have to wear it for a couple of months, but the braces are also on (finally) and they can work together to create space. Did your ortho give you the distal jet option?

lilsisbet

#13 Post by lilsisbet »

I was originally told that I may have to have 1 tooth extracted on the bottom front (leaving an uneven # of teeth). But 1 year later ... everything is falling into place without the need of an extraction. I was very happy.

Elizabeth
Braces on March 15, 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months. Official debanding date - June 14, 2007 - Total of 27 months!

ingyandbert

#14 Post by ingyandbert »

None here either and I'm happy about that. I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed 20 years ago because they were all impacted sideways. So that means I'm already down 4 teeth; I didn't need to lose any more.

tkais

#15 Post by tkais »

No extractions either. I had crowding but my expander took care of that.