Spacey Teeth/Gaps all around

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

paw655

gaps, plural

#16 Post by paw655 »

The ever increasing gaps are one of the reasons I have to get braces again as an adult. I glanced at the ortho's notes and I think the largest gap is
6 mm, which may not sound big, but there is plenty of room in that gap for everything I eat to settle down in there.

At this point, the gap in the front is around 1-2 mm, which is why I want to get this braces stuff underway. I'm glad you like your gaps, but I don't. Make sure you and your ortho (and parents, if they are paying) are all on board about what the plan is for the gaps and the rest of treatment.

seeminglyshy

#17 Post by seeminglyshy »

rockexrolloh wrote:Aww! I think it's great that you like your gaps. I wish I could say the same for mine but I'm so self-concious. I have gaps between the top 4 of my teeth but mostly between my two front teeth. I've been made fun of A LOT for my gap and it has really brought my spirits down. My ortho says that I should only need braces for 16 months and I should be able to see the gaps getting smaller within a few months. I hope he's right...
Awww R&R *hugs*

Dont let them get you down.

I say fix it if you're unhappy with it. Always keep in mind that you've only got one life to live, NEVER let negative people get to you.

Good luck and let us know what happens!!! :)
Braced: 9/23/05

Having 4 wisdom teeth extracted: 2/17/06 *ouchie*

Ceramic on top, metal below.

Duration: 2 years