Problems with Brace Eze?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TracyJean

Problems with Brace Eze?

#1 Post by TracyJean »

:x Has anyone else had problems with Brace Eze? I'd heard such wonderful things about it, so I ordered a tube before my braces were even put on. But when I received the tube, I couldn't even squeeze anything out of it - the product seems to be sticking to the insides of the tube and no matter how much or how hard I squeeze, all I do is exercise my fingers. I called and complained and they offered to send me another tube, free of charge. I received the second tube today and the exact same thing happened. I am so mad and frustrated that I spent money on this product that did not live up to its billing.
TracyJean

Brandyleigh35

#2 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

We used a ton of this, I ordered a total of 6 tubes. A couple of them were a bit dryer and harder to get out but I just assumed that it was due to being in the cold for so long in the mail. We actually found the stuff that was a bit dryer to work better even though it was sorta tough to get out of the tube. One tube we got was very wet and sticky, you couldn't even get it off your fingers little lone put it on your brackets.

It seems from our experience that the product seems to be a bit inconsistent in texture. I would call and complain again and tell them that others have reported problems with it also. When you get it out, it really does work well, much better than wax we thought (thus why we ordered so many) but getting a good tube can be a bit of a challenge it seems. :cry:

Brandy

mtbrncofn

#3 Post by mtbrncofn »

Could I ask what Brace Eze is?
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

Brandyleigh35

#4 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Its a silicone type stuff that is used in place of wax. It coat brackets, or archwires and stays on like glue. You can eat with it without it coming off etc. It is not sticky but smooth and soothing to you skin. My son and I really liked it, it was much better than wax we thought for coating brackets when your mouth is sore. It is spendy, but stays on really really well, even through food, so you end up using a lot less than you would use in comparison to wax.

You can find a link to the website on the dental do dads I think or one of those.

Brandy

mtbrncofn

#5 Post by mtbrncofn »

Well that sounds very interesting. I could have used it a time or ten it seems. Now I'm at the end though.

Thanks for the info, Brandy!
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

LizzyG

#6 Post by LizzyG »

I ordered a tube of Brace-eze and had the same problem, it was really hard to squeeze out of the tube. I didn't like using it at all, I much prefer traditional wax.

Damon 3's upper and lower - 10 February 2006