Anyone on this board have or had 6 months braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mariah

Anyone on this board have or had 6 months braces?

#1 Post by mariah »

Hello, I am trying to find anyone that has had or has 6 month braces. I want to talk with some that has experienced them. I cannot find anyone and I am starting to get concerned that they are too good to be true.

:roll:

BraceFace12

#2 Post by BraceFace12 »

What do you mean? Someone who only had braces for 6 months? I had a friend who had them for about four months. Her teeth were pretty much perfect in the beginning. She just wansted to have high canines come down- which when i saw them they looked perfectly low enough.
Top Braces-8-12-04
Oral Surgery-6-3-05
Bottom Braces-11-15-05
Braces Off-8-22-06!

No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through the tears.

Avarik

#3 Post by Avarik »

Take a look into the wilckodontics program. Thats what I'm going through now (2 1/2 months in so far) and I'm already almost done. Its supposed to be 3-8 months average with the surgical acceleration. Not only that, but it supposedly doesn't have any downsides (other then the extra financial cost). New research even suggests that it retains better then conventional orthodontics.

http://www.wilckodontics.com/Consumers/ ... edure.html

mariah

6 month braces

#4 Post by mariah »

Hello, I do not believe what I have are wilckodontics. These are 6 month braces some have to wear them a little longer the average is 6-8 months, there is no sugery and no extractions. I paid $3700.00 for the braces and $600.00 for splinters verses a retainer. Here is my doctors web-site

http://www.6monthsmile.com/6month.html

Just curious what some experts might think. :D

Thank you,
Mariah

mariah

#5 Post by mariah »

I Just went read the wilckodontics process and that may be me. I have never heard my doctor reference it as anyhting but 6 month braces.

Avarik, maybe we have the same barces. If you get a chance check out the web-site and let me kwow what you think.

My teeth have moved alot in the 3 weeks and 3 days that I have had them on. My family and freinds cannot belive it.

Mariah

ronni

#6 Post by ronni »

Sounds like the "6 month" braces thing is just a slogan or something. What I mean is, I don't see any difference (other than the severity of the patient's problems) in the "6 month" braces and the braces that every other ortho uses. I have ceramic (tooth-colored) brackets and use nickel titanium wires too, but there just braces like everyone else. If my case were as minor as the examples on his website, it would only take 6 months too. I bet if I got a consult from this ortho, he would tell me that I'm not a candidate for the 6 month braces.

mariah

Thank you

#7 Post by mariah »

Thank you for the web-site. I do go for adjustments every 4 weeks, I am actually getting ready for my first one on March 27th. He did tell me that not everyone can do 6 months braces and I was aperfect peson for them.

Thank you agian, Mariah

chops

hey mariah!

#8 Post by chops »

I'm not sure that I have the "6 month braces" thing, but my estimated time was 4-7 months. I don' thave any surgery or extractions either. but I do have some sanding, but that's as far as it goes. I usually have clear ligs too cuz I have ceramics, which are supposedly weaker than metal. anyways, it may be that I'm only treating one jaw and not all the teeth, which may be why i have a short time in them.

my ortho said if I wanted to do the whole sha-bang, it would've taken me at least 2 years, and I was definately not up for that so he offered me this option, and hopefully it's not too good to be true. I'm already over half way finished, but my teeth aren't 100% straight yet, in fact other parts are starting to crowd....so I think I might have to go for around 7 months, and hopefully the end result will be good.

oh yeah and my ortho has never refered to this as '6 month braces' so I have no clue what the heck I have haha

chops

#9 Post by chops »

one more thing, I go for adjustments like normal patients do too, every 4 weeks.