CANKER SORE ON THE BACK OF MY THROAT

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Luis818

CANKER SORE ON THE BACK OF MY THROAT

#1 Post by Luis818 »

I have had my braces for about 2 weeks now. I have a really bad canker sore in the back of my throat. Its really painful every time my throat gets dry thats when it seems to hurt the most. I bought Colgate Orabase it seems to be helping some what. My concern is that I dont understand why the sore is on my throat wich is no wear near my braces and not on my cheeks, lips or gums. Has anybody experience a canker sore on the throat. The only thing i could think that might of caused this is when I brush my back molers the tooth brush bristles might rub against my throat and irritate the tissue back there. :?: :?:

ebjones1

#2 Post by ebjones1 »

You should use Glyoxide. It's an oral rinse that works absolute wonders.. You can usually find it in the drugstore with the other oral hygiene products. It comes in a little blue and white box, and is usually about 8.00 USD. It's made to heal canker sores, etc. I swear my this stuff. :D

texasangel

#3 Post by texasangel »

Luis

I'm the queen of canker sores. Yes, I've had them on the back of my throat. A few months ago I had one on that "thing that hangs down" in the back of your throat - the 'uvala' I believe is what it is called. Boy did that hurt !!
Yes, Orabase is good if you can keep it stuck on your throat for a while. Use a Q-tip and you can stick it where you want.
I use Biotene mouthwash - it's over the counter and it seems to help a little. Also take L-Lysine supplements.
I have tried the Glyoxide but not in a long time - next time I will. Also I have read that stress causes them too. I have plenty of that !!

Good Luck !
Braced on 1/10/05 - full metal- woo hoo!!
Braces coming OFF 5/31/06 !!!

Way Too Old For This

#4 Post by Way Too Old For This »

I am the Queen MOTHER of canker sores, and my daughter is the Princess! My last go round with them I tried this and it relieved the pain and seemed to make them go away faster.

Use antacids. Like PeptoBismol or Rolaids. My sores were in the front so I first cleaned them with Glyoxide (but that hurts a lot), then put Pepto on them with a Q-tip. But I've read that you can use the chewable antacids for hard to reach canker sores.

Some of the products that numb the sores seem to irritate them and make them take longer to heal.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

Luis818

#5 Post by Luis818 »

Thank you all for your answers I will take into consideration all your suggestions

Thank you once again
Luis :D

Raspberry

#6 Post by Raspberry »

I had sores at the back of my throat a few weeks ago, so did a few of my friends. It was part of a cold that was going around. They hurt like heck!
Amosan is a good rince you can use that makes them feel better, but it tastes bad.

I find warm salt water works the best to heal them.
Drink warm drinks too, that sooths them.

I'm up there in the Canker sore Monarchy!!!

Xcentric

#7 Post by Xcentric »

If there is a canker sore club, then I think that I qualify. I have only been braces for a short period of time but I get one or two a week now. When the sore is right below my lower canines, it hurts the worst. I just hope I don't have to deal with this for the next two and a half year.
Lady Xcentric

Braces on February 9, 2006
Two Extractions April 20, 2006
Tongue bar added December 19, 2006
Next Appt. February 1, 2007