Bracket Off

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PnkPrincess024

Bracket Off

#1 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

I just went to my ortho and asked him questions about my progress...im in the 8th month and in the alignment/leveling stage. i also asked about the diff in wire size and he said the reason why my tops arnt moving is bc hes waiting for the bottoms to even out with the tops.
Now, i told him that when i floss one of my teeth hurt and its loose so he took off the bracket telling me that he will give it a rest for a month because he likes happy patients (weird i just saw a topic about some1 whose ortho wants happy patients). I asked him if the tooth will still move without the bracket and he said it is since its loose and it will continue to move, but i was thinking how can it move without it. i mean maybe it will move but at a slower rate bc that tooth was loose so i guess it was moving the fastest of all of them.

Has anyones ortho taken off a bracket before???

Idislikebraces

#2 Post by Idislikebraces »

Hey! I personally havent gotten a bracket taken off BUT I have a tooth that never fell out so its a baby tooth! My ortho said that it grew into the bone so it wont fall out ne time soon, (might i add I'm old enough to have lost all my teeth) So ne ways she didnt put a bracket on it nd I"m in my final stages nd I've seen that little tooth move towards my tounge...which is kind of scary but getting to the point YES, it will continue to move bc the other teeth push it! :o
August 10, 2005
Ceramic Uppers and Metal Bottoms!
A few months later a Nance Appliance.
anddd nowwww:
De bonding on October 23, 2007!

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

Idislikebraces wrote:Hey! I personally havent gotten a bracket taken off BUT I have a tooth that never fell out so its a baby tooth! My ortho said that it grew into the bone so it wont fall out ne time soon, (might i add I'm old enough to have lost all my teeth) So ne ways she didnt put a bracket on it nd I"m in my final stages nd I've seen that little tooth move towards my tounge...which is kind of scary but getting to the point YES, it will continue to move bc the other teeth push it! :o
Don't you have the adult tooth behind that baby one? Why don't you get it extracted? I'm just asking because I had 2 baby tooth as well. I got them extracted though and now my adult ones are there but my ortho needs to put a button so they come out completely because they aren't coming down on their own.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Idislikebraces

#4 Post by Idislikebraces »

Flora2006 wrote:
Idislikebraces wrote:Hey! I personally havent gotten a bracket taken off BUT I have a tooth that never fell out so its a baby tooth! My ortho said that it grew into the bone so it wont fall out ne time soon, (might i add I'm old enough to have lost all my teeth) So ne ways she didnt put a bracket on it nd I"m in my final stages nd I've seen that little tooth move towards my tounge...which is kind of scary but getting to the point YES, it will continue to move bc the other teeth push it! :o
Don't you have the adult tooth behind that baby one? Why don't you get it extracted? I'm just asking because I had 2 baby tooth as well. I got them extracted though and now my adult ones are there but my ortho needs to put a button so they come out completely because they aren't coming down on their own.
I'm getting it extracted when I turn around 20 bc right now they say i'm too young to get an implant...which I would need bc back in the day I pulled out the wrong tooth (next to the baby tooth) nd it never grew back then I got one extracted opposite the baby tooth bc it had a badddd cavity..nd i was like 12 or something nd we went in like emergency so they just pulled it out...so basically I'm left with the pointy one on my left side nd the one behind that on my right (which is the baby one) It totally sucks bc I feel lopsided...but yea...(sorry i wrote so much) :? :oops:
August 10, 2005
Ceramic Uppers and Metal Bottoms!
A few months later a Nance Appliance.
anddd nowwww:
De bonding on October 23, 2007!

PnkPrincess024

#5 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

good so they will still move LoL. well mine is only going to be of for a month so i guess its not too bad. i was just bummed when he told me that my tops purposely werent moving. this made me think why he didnt put the tops and bottoms the same time.