Debanding date set! Frenectomy too

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Serenity

#16 Post by Serenity »

Oh no mtbrncofn, your post made my stomach queasy as I too will have to get a frenectomy post braces.

Way Too Old For This

#17 Post by Way Too Old For This »

mtbrncofn wrote: I got up looked in the mirror to try to put the gauze in where they told me too....and passed out. How embarassing.

I put the ice packs on like they told me and kept gauze in as long I as could and tried to put a new piece in again, and that feeling came over me again. I didn't pass out that time. I don't know what the heck is wrong with me! I don't pass out!
Oh wow, I feel for you. Same thing happened to me when I looked at my impacted canine exposure for the first time. I too am not a wuss. Had lots of surgeries and procedures. It came as a complete shock to me that a simple thing like this would affect me that way and I still can't get over it! Weird.

I have to have a frenectomy also.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

hannah164

#18 Post by hannah164 »

Sorry to hear your frenectomy didn't go so well, after I mean! :(

But Congratulations on getting a debanding date, that is awesome news! :thumbsup: :dance: :-#)

Hope to see some pictures after!

~Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment: February 28, 2006 where they gave me a new bottom wire and attached my impacted canine, newly bracketed, to the wire! OUCH!

mtbrncofn

#19 Post by mtbrncofn »

Serenity, don't be scared. The procedure was a breeze, and hopefully you aren't a big wuss as I appear to be. Today there is actually hardly any pain at all. A bit of swelling and feeling stiff, but really no pain.

WayTooOld, I'm so glad to hear I am not alone in my wuss-ness. It really does surprise me. I hope your frenectomy goes well!

Bracedagain, you obnoxious guy :wink: ! I appreciate your thoughts, although being that this was supposed to be a nice post from you, you could have left out the Steeler reference. :P Sounds like we have something else in common with the gaps. I'm excited for you to get your braces on and see the changes. Oh and just in case, Jr has a big crash, I have to be around to poke fun at that. :D

Hannah, thanks for your thoughts as well. I'm looking forward to posting my after pictures.

I hope I haven't scared anyone too badly that has to have a frenectomy. I didn't expect to have this reaction. I tried to look again today thinking now that it's been a bit longer and it's not really hurting, I could see what was going on up there. I lifted up my lip a bit and that's as far as I got before that pass out feeling came over me again. :roll:

Thanks again to all of you!
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

BraceFace12

#20 Post by BraceFace12 »

Congratulations! That is awesome news!
Top Braces-8-12-04
Oral Surgery-6-3-05
Bottom Braces-11-15-05
Braces Off-8-22-06!

No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through the tears.

mtbrncofn

#21 Post by mtbrncofn »

You're an evil man! :P

I didn't know it was snowing?! I heard it got rained out, but I didn't hear about the snow! Better clear up for when Jeff rolls into victory lane on Sunday. Ha!

So you've had braces before, huh? Then I guess you kind of know what to expect. Good luck in any case.

Go 24!

mtbrncofn

#22 Post by mtbrncofn »

Hmmm. You really went through it. I was one of the ones who didn't have to have spacers or molar bands. I guess I got off easier there.

Should be a cakewalk for you this time!

mtbrncofn

#23 Post by mtbrncofn »

I tried to look at it today, but surprisingly my upper lip is still pretty swollen and the event took place so far up there, I can't lift my lip up high enough to see the actual surgery spot. I can see stitches sticking out a little bit, but that's about it. But good news, there was nothing bloody or gory showing and I didn't pass out! :D

By the time it's healed, I figure I should be fine to look at it. ;)

megan_in_pink

#24 Post by megan_in_pink »

congrads you only have 22 more days :D

mtbrncofn

#25 Post by mtbrncofn »

I know. I figure by the time those stitches dissolve, there should be nothing up there that's pass out-worthy. It's getting more and more flexible every day. My lip goes up higher too.

Thanks, Megan! I have a countdown going. :)

mtbrncofn

#26 Post by mtbrncofn »

I feel like such a wuss when I hear about the perio surgeries and all the other stuff other people have to have, and I pass out over a little frenectomy.

They gave me 3 ice packs and told me to do that when I got home. Twenty minutes on, 20 minutes off for the first 2 hours, then nothing else. I don't know that it helped much because there is still some swelling up there.

mtbrncofn

#27 Post by mtbrncofn »

Thanks much, Lucy! I'm excited!

emmyv05

AHH!

#28 Post by emmyv05 »

Geez...I wasn't really scared until I read this post. AHH! I'll be ok though, I have a 1 1/2 to think about it! EEEK! I have to have it done too, do they really have to use stitches. Never mind, I don't want to know, I just really don't want to know...