Stupid Question: Powerchain and Electric Toothbrush

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Shagers

Stupid Question: Powerchain and Electric Toothbrush

#1 Post by Shagers »

Hi All,

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. :D

A quick question for you. I couldn't find the answer here and my brain was not engaged sufficiently at the time to ask my ortho.

I'm guessing the answer is no, but I'll ask anyway: Is using an electric toothbrush with a power chain OK, or should I revert back to old school manual operation?

Thanks
Shagers
Shagers - Braced Aug 05
--
Lipton Mr T - finally, a tea for the real man. I pity the coffee drinkin' fool.

kirst1583

#2 Post by kirst1583 »

As far as I know it's ok. I've used an electric toothbrush for quite a while now with powerchains and haven't had any issues.

Leslie022

#3 Post by Leslie022 »

I have a sonicare toothbrush and a powerchain. I've had no problems at all. The most important thing is to make sure you're cleaning thoroughly. If you feel you can do a better job with the manual then use that!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

mtb_nwbraces

#4 Post by mtb_nwbraces »

I've had no problems using my sonicare and I've been in power chains for 8 months.
Braced - Jan 6th 2005
Full Metal Brackets
Teeth released from Bondage - July 25th 2006

Shagers

#5 Post by Shagers »

Thanks Guys,

Much Appreciated.

I think I'll probably do a bit of both for a bit, just want to make sure the cleaning is good.
Shagers - Braced Aug 05
--
Lipton Mr T - finally, a tea for the real man. I pity the coffee drinkin' fool.

JumpTheDitch

#6 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Hey Shagers, I dunno bout the powerchain and power toothbrush bit but just wanted to say hi to another grown up metal mouth in melbourne! :lol:

And I thought I was the only one!! :P