kissing with braces....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TheSilverSmileChileno

#16 Post by TheSilverSmileChileno »

i got late again :(

but, yep, I also kissed with braces in the third day. it was the first time we kissed each other, and everything went excellent!

I did also have a girlfriend after a month of being braced, and nothing to comment about it

my advice, is to forget you have braces, the soar and pain will only last a couple of weeks, and then you almost forget you have them on.
Spacers-7-27-05
Full Braces on-8-15-05
I luv my braces...

LoobyLou

#17 Post by LoobyLou »

I don't find it to be a problem at all. My boyfriend is gentle and doesn't crush me and is always extra considerate if I've had an adjustment. It's just a case of getting used to the slightly different feeling with braces at first but after a couple of weeks you don't notice any difference!

LoobyLou x
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Patty

#18 Post by Patty »

Ok, this is consolation to me!This forum is fantastic, it's a pity that I've discovered it only now that I have braces since october 2004!It would have been a support for me during my first times in braces!Sorry for my awwwwful english :oops: !

TheSilverSmileChileno

#19 Post by TheSilverSmileChileno »

bah, don't worry about your English.

ha ha, i come to remember there was this time, i was kissing a girl, and after we stopped, she asked in this shy way. does it hurt?

I laughed and kissed her again... it was so funny

enjoy!
Spacers-7-27-05
Full Braces on-8-15-05
I luv my braces...

BlueeyedManda

#20 Post by BlueeyedManda »

I have to say no problems in this department either. My boyfriend had been supportive all the way and he adores them, probably because he isn't wearing them. We were engaged two weeks ago and when we sitting down thinking of a wedding date I was trying to think of one when I would have clear teeth and he said he didn't care if I had them for the wedding, they look cute. So with his confidence that might be what happens.

objectinspace

#21 Post by objectinspace »

I notice a lot of the posts in this thread are from women or people with spouses, so I'll chime in. I'm a 23 year old male and had my first post-braces date the other night. Everything went great. :lol: And I mentioned them to her and she said she barely noticed. So to the other young males out there with braces, even thhough you may feel like a 13 year old girl with them like I do, chicks don't care, at least not the good ones.

Pixie

#22 Post by Pixie »

Your English is fine-- don't worry about it. :)

As for kissing, I've been in braces for a year and haven't run into any problems. My boyfriend and I both have braces, so the only issue we've had is occasionally getting a lip caught between each set of braces when things get a little... frantic. :wink: As for kissing with rubber bands, obviously it only affects you if you're getting into some deep kissing... :lol: but it doesn't really bother me or him at all.

Tunkabean

#23 Post by Tunkabean »

I'm glad I read all this. I guess this is one of the major concerns for people my age getting braces... how's it going to affect kissing etc.

A few of my male friends have teased me in the past saying that as soon as I get braces, they want to make out with me - just for the experience lol But thats not going to happen

Like someone said, kissing during this 1st week, while im alll sore and hurting, is not a good idea.

Thanks for the info folks

luca

#24 Post by luca »

Ciao, I'm Italian too...
I just got mine fitted up...
Tonight I'm going out with my girl friend...
I will let you know how it works
Take care
03-15-2006 My RPE has been putted on.
10-24-2006 My braces on uppers has been putted on.
11-15-2006 My RPE has been taken away.

PnkPrincess024

#25 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

nice topic and i think my experience will help out.

the first time i kissed a man with my braces we jumped at eachother so hard that my tops hit his teeth, but he didnt say anything so whatever LoL.
the second man i kissed was when i had BOTH top and bottom so i asked if it was weird or he could feel them and he said NO!!! YAY!!!

also, for those girls who are wondering-i have given oral sex and absolutely nothing got caught or anything. i was worried about the metal on the back of the teeth bc they sortof protrude ya no, but it didnt scratch at all.

i havnt done anything with elastics yet bc i havnt gotten them, i will eventually bc at my last appt my orth said i will need them soon, but i think u cant give oral with elastics LoL. but with braces my ladies u can!!!

Lexy

#26 Post by Lexy »

I take my elastics out for anything more.. umm.. involved than kissing. :wink:

As for kissing, hubby and I haven't had a problem at all. Sometimes when the inside of my lips are cut up, it's a little uncomfortable for me, but otherwise we don't notice my braces.

Honestly, most of the time I forget that I even have them. I am just so used to them. They don't prevent me from doing the things I used to do prior to getting them (exception being certain foods on the "avoid" list).

The only time my braces really bother me is first thing in the morning; my mouth is so dry and my cheeks/inner lips are usually stuck on my braces. YOUCH! It can be quite painful sometimes. I read a post on here by someone with a similar issue, and another poster recommended "puffing out" your cheeks in the morning to pull the skin off of the braces. I've been doing that lately and it does help (thanks to whoever suggested that!) but I do wish I could prevent it from happening entirely. I use wax but I can't cover every inch every single night! Ugh.

Anyway, sorry! Back on topic. Kissing is really no different than it would be without braces. As someone stated, you don't kiss with your teeth. Your partner most likely won't even notice a change. Don't let braces dictate your life - they are temporary. Just live life like you would normally and ENJOY it. :D
Braced: June 2005
Treatment Time: 30 months
Metal on Top and Bottom

mytch

#27 Post by mytch »

I'm a single guy and I've had braces for 11 months. I've had no problems meeting girls and kissing during that time at all.. Mind over matter I think 8)

NotBob1

#28 Post by NotBob1 »

Heck, my wife thinks it's cool to do a lirrle investigating to see what they feel like! Some of you are doing the "ewwww" look right about now, but, hey, it's not as much of a visual as the post just a few above mine!
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

Bianca

#29 Post by Bianca »

"Heck, my wife thinks it's cool to do a lirrle investigating to see what they feel like!"

:) the first time my husband kissed me after I got the braces on he licked my braces... it kinda creeped me out, but it was kinda cool too.

He was surprised at how rough they were.

Braces haven't gotten in the way of kissing, not at all. They have made some other things a little difficult/different, but nothing that can't be worked through! ;)

It's a two year process.......

NotBob1

#30 Post by NotBob1 »

I knew I wasn't the only one!!!!!! :)

I will say that if you are concerned about it, use a set of those comfort covers from the DentaKit site. They work great.....They help when the brackets are irritating the heck out of the inside of your mouth, too.

:)
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.