I can see the Light

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

smilezofmetal2

I can see the Light

#1 Post by smilezofmetal2 »

I am so excited I just went to my third debond check...and I my top fixed retainers...which was not the easiest thing in the world. After 30 minutes of having my mouth open :shock: and the ortho and the assistance trying to fix the retainer on I was done. When I sat up the assistant which I love...told me that the next appt. I will have my braces removed (jumping up for joy)...so she leaves and comes back in the room and tells me that my next appt will be in six weeks...which makes it May 9, 2006...I couldn't believe it. So she told me that the ortho was going to come in and take a look and left the room once again...keep in mind I was in a state of exstacy...I got up and booked my next appt. and left the office :-+ ...I'm such a nerd without seeing my ortho...my next appt. I will also be given a removable retainer...what kind I have no idea. Wow Three retainers for one person...could it get any better? :?

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

That is great news!! Soon. Congrats :):)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Way Too Old For This

#3 Post by Way Too Old For This »

*!*smilez_of_metal...Congratulations. That is fabulous!
I love it that you got so excited you left! And I loved it that you shared that with us!

Kiwi-I used to have my kids count the sleeps before we went on vacation. I haven't heard that for a long time...thanks for the memory!
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

smilezofmetal2

#4 Post by smilezofmetal2 »

So far it hasn't really registered maybe the night before :D

Diona

#5 Post by Diona »

Congrats *!*smilez_of_metal!!! That is fantastic news! :-)o

About the counting down thing.. when I found out a few weeks ago that I was getting my braces off, I downloaded a countdown timer onto my computer, which is now constantly on my desktop! (a bit nerdy.. but hey, I can't help that I'm sooo excited).... only 4 days, 11 hours, 21 mins and 30 seconds to go, but whose counting??
lol :banana: